• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ugandan M4A1 Sherman

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Here we go :frantic

Since this picture is cool, Star Decals makes decals and I have an old Testors kit why not.

m4shermanamin.jpg

Still in shrink wrap! :laugh:

IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

I may have some On The Mark PE around too .....

:drinks

Ex-IDF so it will need some extras. I may have some of the items left over from an old MP Models M-50.

Regards,

Ex-IDF so it will need some extras. I may have some of the items left over from an old MP Models M-50.

Regards,
j

Thanks Saul.

Between me having parted out a number of M50/M51 kits and left overs from AEF I think I'm good. I'll keep you in mind if it doesn't work out.

:eek:hyeah

Did some digging in the parts boxes for more stuff for this build. I'm trying not to rebuild the turret as I just don't want to get bogged down with reshaping it. I did find an old resin cast turret. I not sure if I will use it. I ordered some parts from Asuka today for planned other Sherman builds and got another T-23 turret. I also have a Cyber-Hobby M4A1 76W coming too. (not planning on using that turret in that build)

Some of the parts I found today.

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

I reshaped the sides of the hull as they angle out more than it should.

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

IMG_0095.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Cleaned up more of the hull by removing molded on items and drilled the drain holes.

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101~0.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

Started to add texture to the engine cover plates

IMG_0102.JPG

Then started the casting texture

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

Spent some time working the casting texture last night

I first sanded down the putty mix I had put on and then coated the smooth areas with liquid cement and stippled that area with an old brush

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0132.JPG

Worked road wheels yesterday after getting home from Grace's basketball games. I took the road wheels from Dragons M4A1 76W as I'm not planning on using them

One tip here cut the locating tabs off the inside so you don't have to fidget with the backside plug.

IMG_0151.JPG

IMG_0152.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

I toyed with the idea of even using the turret from the Dragon kit and did not like how it fit :hmmm The Italeri turret is not all that bad. I just have noticed there should be more of a slope at the bottom.

So here I go again on reshaping a Italeri T-23 turret :facepalm

My reference for this here;

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=158
https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=159

I made a plug for the ventilator first
IMG_0154.JPG

Stuck the halves together and drilled the lift lug marks. This helps me later when I have to stick them on. These photos are of the turret before the shaping
IMG_0155.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

I shaped the first strips of styrene
IMG_0160.JPG

Stuck them on
IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

I made a plug for the ventilator first
IMG_0154.JPG

Do you plan to open it later as per the reference you posted? I doubt anyone will know if you don't...except me, of course!
27_zpsd42d05a7.jpg

Regards,

:blink
:pinch:
:unsure:
:facepalm

Yes

:blush:

I was looking at the plug on the Dragon turret and not my own photos :laugh:

Thank you for catching that Saul (y)

:salute

I do see I need to do a different plug as that is hallowed into the turret.

Back