• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Quad Gun Tractor and Dragon 25 pounder

JCO1952

Howdy all,

It's a new guy here joining in on the African fun. I wanted to build something WW2 but a bit different so I chose the Quad Gun Tractor by Tamiya and the Dragon 25 pounder. I cleared access with Saul as I had started this in another sites campaign on November 17, and I sent him the link to insure date.

Here's the startup photo:

ha08e2b3_2017-12-26.JPG

and first set of WIP Photos.

hfb0e13c.jpg

hba26f0a.jpg

h866f083.JPG

I sourced the PE on ebay from the UK as it's out of production here. Everything went together smoothly as most Tamiya kits.

I'll post the updated weathering photos next.

Thanks!

JC

Nice start JC, it's been a REALLY long time since I built that Quad truck but I don't recall the rack in the back, is that scratch build or PE goodie? :popcorn

Yup, that's a scratchbuilt goodie.... I'll be loading up some resin stowage up top. I'm also leaving the top open and creating the tarp rolled up behind it using the VMS tarp making process. Used it on a recent Tiger build and I really like the product.

Normally, I work with reference photos, but in this case couldn't find anything I liked so using a bit of artistic license.

JC

Thanks guys.... here's the latest WIP update. I used several Mig washes... light greys and buff... and then for the floor of the quad I added Mig pigments - African Earth combined with Gulf War sand.

ha7efd6b.JPG

JC

Update on my build ... Quad is nearing completion.... doors being worked on...stowage will need to be done.... headlight will be addressed.... not sure how much more weathering I want to do... still grappling with that. Haven't used the OPR process yet..... still wrestling with that idea.

hbf0869d.jpg

h3c170be.jpg

h0ba353f.jpg

h0f7f54f.jpg

hf3f9099.jpg

hf215786.jpg

Update on my build ... Quad is nearing completion.... doors being worked on...stowage will need to be done.... headlight will be addressed.... not sure how much more weathering I want to do... still grappling with that. Haven't used the OPR process yet..... still wrestling with that idea.

hbf0869d.jpg

h3c170be.jpg

h0ba353f.jpg

h0f7f54f.jpg

hf3f9099.jpg

hf215786.jpg

Nice! :ro:

Back