• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SAAF Impala Mk II

RichB

I'll enter with the Italeri release of the Esci MB.326K. I've got a Neomega cockpit and Eduard Mk.81's coming for it.

Start~12.JPG

Imps in action.

080859c9f8334e50427b140a94318c08.jpg

52ac667bf91644d7665328bc89704088--war-machine-impalas.jpg

imps.jpg

lg_2ffdea85-77bd-4f86-b9d5-3a26c130ae3a.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

You maybe getting the corrected wingtip holders also?

Sorry had to do that to you Really love these planes as they used to come rooftop level over our house when I was a kid.

From what I've read, the MB.326K has the correct larger tip tanks. It does have the wrong rocket pods hence the Mk.81's.

Cheers,
Rich

Cockpit built up, painted and installed.

Ckpt_1~4.JPG

Ckpt_2~4.JPG

Ckpt_3~2.JPG

Ckpt_4~2.JPG

The bit sticking out from the aft bulkhead is the canopy actuating arm that will be trimmed to fit. The seat is still to be painted, but can be slipped in later.

Cheers,
Rich

Once the cockpit was painted, the rest went together pretty quick and you soon have something looking like an Impala. The nose cap took a bit of blending in (there is an option for an open avionics bay) and some blending between the lower fuselage and wing. I also cut the squared off 30mm barrels for the "Sabrina" gun pods and replaced them with drilled out rod.

Assy_1~3.JPG

Assy_2~3.JPG

Assy_3~2.JPG

A few spots of finish sanding to do and we should be ready for the paint shop.

Cheers,
Rich

Back