• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya JACCS Honda

Adam Baker

Tamiya 1/24 JACCS Honda Accord, ran in the Japanese Touring Car Championship in the mid 90's.

A group I'm a member of on Facebook is doing a Touring Car group build, so I figured I'd join with this one, and since we had the racing GB here, I felt it was worth posting it here as well.

Kit is a curbside, so no engine to have to deal with, but looks to have a fairly nicely detailed supension, and a nice interior.

Paint work on the body will be pretty straight forward, just requires gloss white. The real work is going to be in the decal work, all of the color on the body is in decal. I don't know that it will be the hardest decal project I've ever had, some of my Nascar models have been pretty complicated, but this will definitely be at the top of the list of most difficult decal jobs.

I've had this kit for several years, so I'm really looking forward to getting it built.

Accord_001.jpg

Accord_002.jpg

Accord_003.jpg

Accord_004.jpg

Thanks guys! This is one that has almost gotten built several times over the last few years, but just never happened, so happy to finally get this one going.

So far I'm working on the body, getting the mold lines taken care of, and then I'll put down some primer to see how good a job I did. Once the body is primed and looks good, I'll move to the chassis & interior.

Back