• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCCA Hot Wheels Camaro

Adam Baker

Start pic's for my Hot Wheels Camaro build.

HWC_01.jpg

HWC_02.jpg

At this point I'm assuming a box stock build, including decals, but that could change if I start feeling adventurous, lol.

Will also be a bit of a memory lane build, I built this same kit when I was about 16, and have wanted to redo it for a long time.

Not a lot to show, but I have been able to make a little bit of progress.

Very first thing I did, was strip the chrome off the parts tree. I hate factory chrome, and half the chrome probably would have been scraped out sanded off anyway, just due to the amount of flashing & heavy mold seams on the parts. I'll either use Alclad that I already have, or I may look into getting a Molotow pen to try out.

HWC_04th.jpg

So far most of my time has been spent working on cleaning up the mold seams on the body and dealing w/ the massive punch marks and some pretty large sink marks. Inside the body are several large punch marks, that I filled using my standard method, punching disks from sheet styrene using my RP Tools punch set (I love these punch sets!), and then gluing them in place, and then sanding them smooth. Thankfully the largest punch in the set was almost perfect for these punch marks.

HWC_07th.jpg

And here are a couple shots of the clean up I've had to do on the outside of the body. There was a sink mark/channel at the base of the spoiler, that ran almost the entire width of the spoiler, and also some sink marks behind the wheel openings. Filled w/ Tamiya putty and sanded smooth.

HWC_06th.jpg

HWC_05th.jpg

Back