• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMT 1949 Ford Coupe "The Gas Man"

Jeeves

This looks to be fun!

h37183e1.jpg

h60a26b3.jpg

No exhaust is more appropriate for a drag car. Lose all the unnecessary weight you can.

OK then, drop the duels and make a pipe from the exhaust header to those chrome pipes. Ask away if you have any questions.

I would think they would have just had 2 BIG pipes in place of the standard exhausts. Side pipes didn't come along till much later. After all it was a 1949 and was probably built in the early 50's originally. (Maybe late 50's)

Appreciate the looks and comments guys, as well as the advice!

As it stands though, the paint and decals are done and I'm reluctant to take apart the whole bottom side to get the typical exhaust out...especially with everything glued and fitting so nicely...these 3 in 1 instructions can be tricky even when you take the time to look through them 2-3x...I still found myself building looking at the stock directions once or twice...live and learn.

Time to dirty things up!

Probably because I don't know cars....consider it fixed

Those are cutouts street mufflers or strip open headers .... Normally controlled by a choke cable or electronically, they should fit closer in ... And attached to main exhaust .... Nice job so far :popcorn

Back