• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Build #1 - F40 Competizione ** D O N E **

ij001

This kit, with box decals:

h7d899e8.jpg

Start up pics after the Sea Knight has left the bench.

Ian.

Build #1 - F40 Competitzione

I built this kit years ago. There was a problem with how the floor pan and cockpit well mated up, if it's the same kit.

:popcorn

Apparently there's also an issue in getting the rear window / engine cover to talk to each other aswell !! - Fun and games, eh ??

:frantic :frantic :frantic

Ian.

Apparently there's also an issue in getting the rear window / engine cover to talk to each other aswell !! - Fun and games, eh ??

:frantic :frantic :frantic

Ian.

If it were easy, anyone could do. B)

I don't remember that, but that was back in the bach' pad days, odd that I remember building this at all.

Build #1 - F40 Competizione

I know I said I'd wait until the Sea Knight was finished, but honestly... I couldn't wait to make a start !

h07fc76e.jpg

hd8e1e25.jpg

Off we go again !

Ian.

Sanded down all the mold seams this morning, then primed the shell with Tamiya grey straight from the rattle-can. Just before dinner this evening I lightly rubbed-back the primer with some 2000 grit wet'n dry and a little water.

he5f70a7.jpg

he2978a5.jpg

h9be2c1a.jpg

h0eb6137.jpg

Ready now for the Tamiya fine white primer coat. Busy weekend for me so may not get any cave-time so progress pics as soon as I can, likely to be early next week.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Ian.

I need to be watching your car builds more closely. I do have several old Fujimi kits that I would like to build one day.

Tamiya WHite & Chromate Yellow for the shell. Chassis and internals are the 'correct' Olive Black, mixed and sprayed using the tried & trusted (by me) Mk.I eyeball method.

hb68414a.jpg

h8fab466.jpg

More soon.

Ian.

Back