• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italian SAS/zLRDG (LOL)

Hey Guys,

Spotted this on the web thought you might find it as interesting as I did . Looks as if a Italian Camionetta Armour Ed car has found a SAS or L rDG Jeep with just a flat tire. I cannot imagine them fixing the flat if it didn’t run. Looks to be outfitted too? Strange the Brits would leave it behind without raid their equipment and disabling it? Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

Brian

h3f24707.jpeg

Yeah but who did the striping job? Interesting photo, you can see how faded the paint job is.

Who says they were changing the tire? Maybe they were taking it and had to go quickly, maybe it is the Italians that are doing the changing?

Who says they were changing the tire? Maybe they were taking it and had to go quickly, maybe it is the Italians that are doing the changing?

Kinda looks like that, it looks jacked up in the rear, the spare is off it's mount so one can assume ( :tomato ) that it's on the ground out of the frame and those guys are taking off the loose nuts. (which would explain why Rhino is there... :dude :hmmm :tomato :tomato )

The Italians are changing the tire it looks high in back they are handling the lug nuts and the spare is behind the middle man against the Jeep.

Brian

Brits dressed up as Italians ?

I noticed the soldier on the left has a webbing RAC Pistol Holster for the Webley or Enfield pistol

h165998b.jpeg

h61c8cb8.jpeg

They are ITALIANS THE PIC COMES FROM A VIDEO FROM lUCE an Italian film agency. I posted this on another site also.

May 13, 2019 - 09:41

Its from an official Italian Newsfilm, You can find it on you Tube, it runs for a few minutes, very interesting but parts look to be staged. Luce film agency, I think they were the official Italian agency during WW2. They have a few interesting films available. on You Tube, of various aspects of Italian military stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrsZVLiipgk

Deep cover rat patrol? I think that was an episode right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcbifYqpGc

We got so plastered at the Kasbah in Sidi Slamain, We couldn't find the other Autoblinda in the dark. My mates cabbaged onto the Jeep of a shy, young (intoxicated) British Leftenant while he was"distracted" by "Flowers of the Desert". We pawned all gear for gas money and Absinthe and took to the desert road. By dawn the ashtray was full and the tire went flat. A "Spirited" argument ensued about who was sober enough to fix the flat when a brace of Stukas came over and bombed the dog-snot out of the whole shitterie 10 minutes after the photo was taken. Bastantes!
Later that day, the British 8th Army captured the camera.

h68228a2.JPG

I found a DAK sun-helmet, shed my stinky Dago uniform and returned to the US Navy after Operation Torch came off.
I know, because I was there!
:rotf :yipee :rotf

Interesting analysis of the photo. :hmmm

"Lose nuts"?...I'll have to check that....nope all good here... :good: :D

Back