• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK Campaign question

iambrb

OK so when class starts, is there a particular type of paint or color I should have on hand?

Super-basic, I know! But I had thunked about buying this:

AK-Interactive-Paint-Set-German-Dunkelgelb-Modulation-Colors-Set (ebay)

and then also considered that this may not be necessary.....so what is the preferred color for this class? I would like to show on day two with all items in hand and ready to roll!

You can use any paints you want. I am using Tamiya.

We are going to be base coating in greys, then hairspray then desert brown, RAL 8020. If you want to use the same paints as I am here is what I plan.

I will prime with MIG Ammo Grey Primer.

Then I will base coat with XF-63, then post shading with XF-54, then XF-54 mixed with XF-55. Apply gloss coat and then some of the markings and then satin coat. Then an application of hairspray (Tresemme) then a custom mix to get RAL 8020 (Desert Brown) XF-15:5 and XF-64:2 then post shading by adding XF-2. Then final markings, satin coat and then weathering.

I hope this helps.

Back