• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya German Armored Car SdKfz. 223

iambrb

OK so here is my little ol' entry:

h15ad1a9.jpg

I chose it because A - it was wheeled, and I have been wanting to do something wheeled, and B - I scored for cheap!

Here are some reference pics I found:

hf2878e9.jpg

h8a66b8a.jpg

h0db68d9.jpg

and these two I thought were neat, though possibly not Afrika Korps:

hc5a49b9.jpg

h5f53665.jpg

In the end, I hope to have ti looking similar to or better than this:

h063c0bf.jpg

Or at least, that is thought. Anyway, have to get the IDF M60A1 finished first. I see why the Egyptians disliked these so much...that old kit is so hard to get through!

Well, hope to start soon!

Ok so here is my latest, just a few hours work in on this simple model. the last few were at MP's secret man-cave with Eric my-truck-can-crush-your-tinfoil-econobox Rains. it was great fun just hanging and listening to and entering into the Banter.

h4680a65.JPG

hfa05e7e.JPG

and here it is with the wheels pres-fitted:

h355e191.JPG

h6dc2963.JPG

Lastly, here I am photobombing an intense Soldering Session

hb42bf84.JPG

Nice job, I was so head down in brass I didn't pay attention to what you were doing.

How do ya think I got those pics with you in it?

Hey I am thinking of leaving it in this plastic, not primering it, then starting with the Tamiya German Gray, followed by the Tamiya Dunkelgelb.

Is that not right? I am thinking that Tamiya Dark yellow or what-ev-it-is. i am not home so do not have the number in front of me. Was digging thru my paint and realized i already have an unopened 10ml bottle of the German Grey and 1-2 of the larger 23ml bottles of that German yellow (though that is not the name), so kind of set except for filling a gap or two I did not bother to show.

Nice work!
There was a shopping list of Tamiya paints somewhere in these threads. :tomato

Got your back! :soldier

I am going to be using mainly Tamiya paints for this project. I will prime with MIG Ammo Grey Primer.

Then I will base coat with XF-63, then post shading with XF-54, then XF-54 mixed with XF-55.

Then an application of hairspray (Tresemme) then a custom mix to get RAL 8020 (Desert Brown) XF-15:5 and XF-64:2 then post shading by adding XF-2.

I hope this helps.

Hi John,

Look at the pic it is just in front of the turrett the right side. On the roof top are those little mushroom is looking things.some how they come out , not sure if they are just plugs or are threaded. You remove it and the pole goes through to some sort of connection down inside.I think it has a base like hole in the floor plate , but these interior pics of these 223s are hard to find if there are any.. Seems they are only up when parked never seen any on a moving vehicle I also have seen guide wires going to the ground must be staked into the ground I imagine.Was probably only used for long distance communications I imagine. Sorry I’m in a physical Rehabilitation facilityand cannot get to my books.I believe they had a couple good pics in the Ryton book Panzerspahwagen. Wish I could be more accurate. I have seen a pic also of it much shorter, there are extra poles stored on the hull the Tamiya Kit has a twin pack you add to the model Iimagine they screwed together.

Brian

Back