• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Kubelwagen

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
I'm in.
hb3e10dc_2019-04-19.JPG

Got some fun stuff to spice it up too.
:drinks

NOTE: The above Panzer II will be built at a later date. B)

Tamiya Panzer II Ausf. C

Thanks guys. Just ordered a metal barrel, thought I had one already. :idonno

It will be here before I start, lots of irons in the fire. :frantic

Tamiya Kubelwagen

Well then, class has started and I don't want to be left behind! My original intent was to do a Pz II, but the add on cupola I planned to use is out of stock, SO I pulled out one of the $2 Tamiya Kubelwagens I bought years ago for just such an emergency. :laugh:

Here's what happened today.

h67e5206.JPG

h4216943.JPG

The kit is beyond basic, but fits pretty well.

h15cfb55.JPG

ha58e600.JPG

Masking the windshield.

h28a92cd.JPG

Stynylrez primer coat.

h7d1e714.JPG

hcb48918.JPG

h229e946.JPG

h146724c.JPG

Base coat of Tamiya XF-63, followed by lightened base with Deck Tan and another light coat lightened with a drop or two of white. The very light highlight on the rear will be covered by the folded drop top, I just wanted to see if it was getting too light.
I don't have a lot of good color Kubel reference photos and since I haven't built one, would appreciate input from those in the know.

How's that, Teach?

Was is denn hier loss!? Eine kleine Nazi-wagen, Vielleicht?
:yipee
I do love me a German Bucket Car! Rock On Mike! :ro: (y)

Tamiya Kubelwagen

Well then, class has started and I don't want to be left behind! My original intent was to do a Pz II, but the add on cupola I planned to use is out of stock, SO I pulled out one of the $2 Tamiya Kubelwagens I bought years ago for just such an emergency. :laugh:

Here's what happened today.

h67e5206.JPG

h4216943.JPG

The kit is beyond basic, but fits pretty well.

h15cfb55.JPG

ha58e600.JPG

Masking the windshield.

h28a92cd.JPG

Stynylrez primer coat.

h7d1e714.JPG

hcb48918.JPG

h229e946.JPG

h146724c.JPG

Base coat of Tamiya XF-63, followed by lightened base with Deck Tan and another light coat lightened with a drop or two of white. The very light highlight on the rear will be covered by the folded drop top, I just wanted to see if it was getting too light.
I don't have a lot of good color Kubel reference photos and since I haven't built one, would appreciate input from those in the know.

How's that, Teach?

That will do just fine!

Thanks, gentlemen! It was really too humid to paint yesterday, but the temperature was down enough to hazard a try. Figuring this will be OOB, may add some stowage bits and pieces to the interior.

Any idea what color the top and seats would have been?

I have seen everything from dark grey to almost white for the top. I think a straight khaki would be safe. As to the seats, I would match the top.

Back