• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with the Doc

JSteinman

Master at Arms
N.B.
I am going to be using mainly Tamiya paints for this project. I will prime with MIG Ammo Grey Primer.

Then I will base coat with XF-63, then post shading with XF-54, then XF-54 mixed with XF-55.

Then an application of hairspray (Tresemme) then a custom mix to get RAL 8020 (Desert Brown) XF-15:5 and XF-64:2 then post shading by adding XF-2.

For this Masterclass, you can use any model you want as a base as long as you understand it may not be accurate for your vehicle. This class will be how to paint desert brown over dark grey, from start to finish, including weathering and prepping a small scenic base.

I will be using a DML Pz I Ausf B.

Acceptable vehicles (as in accurate) are certain variants of Pz I, Pz II, Pz III, Pz IV short barrels, soft skins, Sdkfz 8, 250, 251, and varients, Marder III Sdkfz 139, Demag, Dana and Famo 1/2 tracks, all 4 and 8 wheel armored cars not based on the Sdkfz 234, and others may be accurate. Tigers and StuG D and F while present in NA are okay, as long as you understand they were painted in different schemes and will not be accurate.

As there seems to be interest in Akfria Tigers I am willing to do another masterclass in painting them using the black and white technique if there is interest.

Tossing out an idea

Russian green really hasn't been covered, I'd be game for that. B)

I'd also be in on DAK.

Tossing out an idea

Since this is basically a paint and weather, would a started build be eligible?

Tossing out an idea

I'm really partial to DAK stuff, but whatever.

B)

Tossing out an idea

I'm really partial to DAK stuff, but whatever.

B)

DAK is fine too, we will see if people have an interest in the idea, then we can narrow down the subject matter. The main point is to get people out of their comfort zone and try something new, with helping hands...

Tossing out an idea

I'll go both ways... :kiss: :woohoo:

WIP should be allowed, this is about painting and finishing not starting. :soldier

Tossing out an idea

I like the idea. How would this work in practice? We all pick a kit and build it basically on a schedule?

Oh yeah - and Russian green is still a bit of a mystery to me - is 4BO the WW2 color or the modern color?

Tossing out an idea

I like the idea. How would this work in practice? We all pick a kit and build it basically on a schedule?

Oh yeah - and Russian green is still a bit of a mystery to me - is 4BO the WW2 color or the modern color?

4BO is WW2 Russian Green. The building part really doesn't matter. If we are doing 4BO then everyone should pick some Russian WWII piece. Preferably land-based as I would be able to offer much less guidance on air and sea vehicles.

If we are doing DAK, then we need to narrow down early or late, as the color(s) change(s)

Tossing out an idea

I like it. I've got a couple DAK subjects and just picked up a kit for three color camouflage.

(y)

Tossing out an idea

Yeah

Maybe I can come up with something for that too.

My building has slowed down quite a bit. Not sure if I could be ready for a paint party. :blush: I'm afraid to comment to much of anything any more.

:drinks

Tossing out an idea

Slap a 1/72 scale kit together and you're ready to paint? It's been done before. :coolio

Tossing out an idea

I don't have anything built up and ready either... I do have some 1/48 scale stuff in the stash what will work and are easy builds. As to 1/72, it is doable, but the techniques become more difficult the smaller the scale, so keep that in mind.

Tossing out an idea

Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show

h16bec71.png

Cheers,
Rich

Back