• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

NATO's LanceR- a Romanian MiG 21MF in 1/48

chukw

Time for a new project! The kindly folks at Icaerodesign approached to review and build their recent conversion set that allows one to build a Romanian version of the famous MiG fighter. They gave me an Eduard "overtrees" kit, their resin conversion and and an extra baggie of resin treats. In case you missed my review, you can see it here: or here. Let's kick this off!

MiG21_001.jpg

MiG21_002.jpg

MiG21_003.jpg

MiG21_004.jpg

MiG21_005.jpg

MiG21_006.jpg

MiG21_007.jpg

MiG21_008.jpg

Andreea_001.jpg

Really excited to watch this build! I always learn something new from every one of your posts.

You might already know this, but something I learned the hard way with the Eduard MIG-21 kit, if you plan to add a centerline fuel tank the aft speed brake has to be closed. The tank interferes with the open speed brake. It's important to know early because there are different fuselage inserts for open or closed and Eduard's directions didn't mention the interference. Hope this helps out!

Can't wait to watch you work you magic on this kit!

:geek

Mike

Off to a great start Chuck! Great artwork as always and a presentation that inspires me to go the extra mile. :notworthy (y)

I guess I better get off my duff and get going as well. :D

Thanks, guys! I got this post up just in time to start a new chapter in a work project that's going to keep me really busy for a couple of months. I'll see what bench time I can squeeze in- and San Diego ComicCon is right in the middle of it. I hate to post and run- but duty calls! :dude

Congratulations on having gainful things going on Chuck! Just remember that a little bit done here and there adds up in the long run. There are a lot of times when I don't feel like building, but will go in to do just a little something. Often that turns into a good build session or a good short booster session that keeps me wanting to build.

We will be "patiently" waiting. :popcorn

Thanks, guys! I got this post up just in time to start a new chapter in a work project that's going to keep me really busy for a couple of months. I'll see what bench time I can squeeze in- and San Diego ComicCon is right in the middle of it. I hate to post and run- but duty calls! :dude

You are such a tease!!!!! :pp

....very, very good choice. I love that they put the aircraft number on the upper wings aswell, very unusual:

h6549bc3.jpg

:popcorn

Ian.

Man, I've been waiting for this. It's always a thrill seeing you work on a model. I never knew you did more modern stuff too, this is a real treat!

I'll miss you at Comicon; I'll be celebrating my 25th Wedding Anniversary in Orlando Fl. at Walt Disney World. It would be great to see you at the Ontario Minicon tomorrow, but I know you're busy.

I'm going to follow this with great interest.

Back