• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ju 388- Planet Models 1/48 Resin

chukw

Back when I was having troubles with my Me410 canopy, I went hat in hand to beg to buy a vac canopy from the only folks who made them, MPM Models. I didn't want to buy the whole interior set, just the precious canopy. I somewhat desperately offered to make my next build one of their kits. Not only did they give me a couple of canopies, they graciously offered me any kit in their catalog. Wow! The choice was not easy- they make a ton of cool stuff- but the Planet Models Ju 388 had long been tempting me- it was fate!

I'm glad this GB was starting at just the right time for me to join this august assemblege- whoo-hoo!

Well, MPM- a promise made is a promise kept- here's my take on your marvelous kit- with Fritzi, Hannah and friends along for the ride!

388_001.jpg

388_002.jpg

388_003.jpg

388_004.jpg

388_005.jpg

388_006.jpg

388_007.jpg

388_008.jpg

388_009.jpg

388_010.jpg

Thanks, everybody! I've found that the kit is largely based on Dragon's example- and that means I can use the Eduard stuff that's germane. :ro:

Laura- 3 extra months- hurray! But- why me? :hmmm

Excellent choice! I like a whole Junkers aircraft family (bombers/n.fighters).

All the best!

Dusan.

ugh! :blink

that kit surely would outskill me but when a true master works his way through it, the outcome will be fabulous!

your work is so professional, outstanding and perfect chuk that one can only admire your determination and attention to every single detail!

I have run out of positive adjectives...
:notworthy
I am following. I have built many resin aircraft (and vacuum-formed too) from way back when the kits you wanted were not the ones released.
;)

PM me is you need some approach ideas.

Do you have a spare Dragon/Monogram Ju-88 kit? You already know much of the lineage is there and can save you some time and/or trouble if you prefer polystyrene to resin.

Regards,

B) Kickass art work as usual Chuck.
I reckon this will be a pretty hard build! Lookin forward to your posts.(y)

Ian.

Just to be clear, the Pro Modeler series of Ju-88 kits are the ones which are from Dragon molds. At the moment a few are at attractively low bids on EvilBay. I use a sniping program since I refuse to sit at a computer to get my bid in at the last second.

Regards,

Thanks, everyone! I have had a boo-boo pointed out to me- the elevator hinge line is Not straight- each side is gently swept back. I think a jig will be helpful here.

Yes. Saul- it looks like the kit heavily borrows from Dragon. One thing I'm overstocked on is Ju88's! I have, however, undertaken this build as a promise to MPM/Planet- so Ima build da resin!

Cheers!
chuk

Back