• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shinden

phantom II

Master at Arms
Hi folks . Sorry to report that I failed to document the building of this bird until now.

In the story of Japanese aircraft , there is usually a translation of the meaning in English .
In this case , I have never seen one, so a bit of Googling pulled up several meanings . I took the one that appeared to make the most sense .

New style; new way; modern; ultra modern .

So, here we go ...

hc54bac3.jpg

he3554f5.jpg

Today , this one of a kind historical aircraft is still sitting in pieces gathering more dust at the Garber Facility .

h01c21b5.jpg

Due to the difficulty of painting this bird , I chose to build it in modules to simplify things .

hbcad5ef.jpg

So, here it is . Not a bad kit but joining the wings to the fuselage was more problematic than I would have expected fro a Has kit.

Cheers, C B)

hbcad5ef.jpg

According to the Francillon book Shinden translates to "Magnificent Lightning". The main landing gear is a bit delicate on this one, I thought when I built it. The strut makes quite an angle with the ground.

According to the Francillon book Shinden translates to "Magnificent Lightning". The main landing gear is a bit delicate on this one, I thought when I built it. The strut makes quite an angle with the ground.

Thanks for the tip John a rather scary looking landing gear design . Long and spindly and strangely angled .

Makes me wonder if they had problems with rotation .

Magnificent Lightning seems more appropriate to the military . There are at least 5 or 6 other translations and most seemed unlikely .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for your interest guys . Terry , glad you like it :good:

Made a bit more progress.

Decals and some panel line washes

hab03163.jpg

h4f77b27.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

It looks good and all...but...I don't know how to tell you this...you put the cockpit on backwards :blink

:v

Back