• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grumman Avenger

phantom II

Master at Arms
hce332fd.jpg

No not quite this one .

h90bdb5a.jpg

From this box anyway.

But still more like this one.

h126f657.jpg

Will post more soon.

Cheers, Christian B)

Awesome Chris. I love the Guppy AEW version, just looks so neat. One of my fav schemes is from the Anglo French Suez war.

h7eb886c.jpg

James

I've always liked that cartoon, especially the torpedo with the scuba mask. :mpup

Awesome Chris. I love the Guppy AEW version, just looks so neat. One of my fav schemes is from the Anglo French Suez war.

h7eb886c.jpg

James

James, I must admit that the Suez bird was tempting :good: but in the end , the Canadian won out since it is my only Canadian bird

Cheers, C. B)

h825ab1b.JPG

I must admit this kit is the best Sword kit I have seen to date . That said, the major interior components had to be adjusted before the fuselage halves got along .

Cheers C. B)

Love the TBF/TBM's... I have the AM kit with a couple of cool decal options.

You are a braver man than I am Gunga Din to be doing a Sword Kit.

Love the TBF/TBM's... I have the AM kit with a couple of cool decal options.

You are a braver man than I am Gunga Din to be doing a Sword Kit.

Actually Barney, if you wanted to do a limited run kit , this is the brand to go with . Unlike say a Special Hobby :frantic

Unlike other companies, they actually quit using the molds when it starts wearing out .

Their earlier kits were not quite this good but this one is very nice. Just don't have the locating pins.

Cheers, C. B)

Many folks would, but you're better than that. (y)

It would appear the hand sitters are out in force.

While getting bogged down with some other builds I was interested in finding a project to keep busy while my brain took a rest.

I wanted to build a British Tarpon ( Hasegawa ) as a no brainer but could not round one up .

However Sword had just released the TBM-3w , so being available I decided to give it a shot .

The research gave me a much better insight as to the career of the Avengers . They soldiered on into the 1950 's in various countries .

Late in the war, the TBM went on to be the first AEW. aircraft to be built . It was tested and readied for combat as the war came to an end .

The TBM-3 conversion was the first ship based airborne early warning control and relay platform with APS-20 radar in ventral radome.

As a Canadian bird , it was known as the Avenger MK.3W2

h32a948d.jpg

Cheers, C. B)

h825ab1b.JPG

I must admit this kit is the best Sword kit I have seen to date . That said, the major interior components had to be adjusted before the fuselage halves got along .

Cheers C. B)

What's life without a little adjustment?

Looks good! I am a bad Canadian in that I generally don't care for the liveries of Canadian aircraft but I think the Avenger is one aircraft that looks good!!

:popcorn

Phantom, I'm glad to see you here. This is looking great so far. As for short run; you haven't built short run till you've done a Mach 2 kit! :blink :blink :bang head

Phantom, I'm glad to see you here. This is looking great so far. As for short run; you haven't built short run till you've done a Mach 2 kit! :blink :blink :bang head

I don't believe their kits( Mach 2 ) would be worth the trouble if they only produced three samples .

SBS produces short run resin models and they are excellent . I think some manufacturers just use that term because they wont mind might offend someone :(

Sword is better than any of the other plastic stuff I have built :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back