• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1 / 48 V-100

ErnieS

Well, with time running out on this campaign, I have something that will hopefully be a quick build :pp I had originally ordered some stuff back at the beginning of December but it still has not shown up, so I grabbed this instead as the back up.

40554432802_16ebb250b6_h.jpg

40554432142_8f8c6c7614_h.jpg

Should be doable (famous last words) :rotf

I also have a set of Peddinghaus decals that have one useable option on it, and also have ordered a set of the 1/35 Super Scale decals for the V-100 and some decal paper and will probably try to scan and reduce one of the options on that sheet.
I have never built a piece of 1/48 armor before so this will be a new experience :facepalm
Ernie

Neat! I have always thought that the V-100 was a better vehicle than it's popularity showed

Welcome to the campaign!

I started building this same kit for this build campaign but have been sidetracked with other projects so I doubt it will get completed in time. After the resin blocks are removed it boils quickly even with making the headlight guards and handles, etc. I dropped my turret and the machine guns broke off and disappeared which is another reason why I stopped working on mine.

I hope your build goes smoothly and quickly. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Cheers,
James

Welcome to the campaign!

I started building this same kit for this build campaign but have been sidetracked with other projects so I doubt it will get completed in time. After the resin blocks are removed it boils quickly even with making the headlight guards and handles, etc. I dropped my turret and the machine guns broke off and disappeared which is another reason why I stopped working on mine.

I hope your build goes smoothly and quickly. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Cheers,
James

Thank you.
Yeah, the kit goes pretty quick, I got it in the mail Saturday and by that night I had it up on its wheels. I will probably putter with the handles and small stuff this week if I have time. I have to figure out the markings for it; I was going to do "Catch 22", but it had a field made mount for another machine gun added to the front of the hull, so we'll see if I can come up with a 1/48 scale mount that is close.
Ernie

Got the major parts together. Getting the wheels on looked to be a bit of a challenge but turned out to not be too bad. In the end they are pretty much straight, all touch the ground, and the vehicle looks to have the correct stance, so pretty happy with that so far. Now to start working on the smaller details.

38876056350_5d6f30d882_h.jpg

Back