• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy USAF A-37 DRAGONFLY

iambrb

So I was in Hobby Lobby and say this a week+ ago, and picked it up using the 40% off coupon. Going to roll with it as I have some 1/72 MK'82's with daisy-cutter fuses to hang under the wings. plus some rocket pods (of course!)

My Bona-fides:

hdf65483.JPG

h4119b6e.JPG

I just completed one of those.... although I do still need ordinance underneath the wings. Gonna try to find something soon....

I like how proud they are of their rivets . Can't remember any rivets or screw heads showing on those birds... :pinch:

Cheers, Christian B)

:popcorn

I got two of those things in the same box. Some extras if you want it. I'm not going to build it.

OK So I had a ton of great photos....then the old 'puter went belly up like a goldfish! I decide when I started to get the lirrle resin cockpit for this - man that has been TOUGH! The detail n the seats is great, but all the other items are hard to work with and the resin required TONS of sanding to fit! Here it is, I have been able to fit it and even remembered the weight for the nose....does not look like much/I know it needs touch up work, but am plugging along!

hbabb8ba.JPG

h29ecaf6.JPG

hb3edaf8.JPG

Looking good. It is a shame that the resin required so much sanding to fit, but you made it look well worth the effort.

Cheers,
James

OK Had a great day Saturday 'hanging' with Sir-Pup (Moon Pup). As the outside temp es 30 degrees F (-1.1 deg. C) it was nice to be able to spray in a place that had heat! The company was quite good as well! Sir Pup has the neatest man-cave EVAR.... and the work he was doing on the Hummer was first rate!

SO I got it home and yesterday I added landing near and few bits, & popped a few pics:

h8e45ab6.JPG

h00b88cb.JPG

h9bb0490.JPG

And this morning, I got some decals (deck-als?) on it:

ha154938.JPG

hbd6cbdc.JPG

hcee9a76.JPG

Looks good, how did the canopy turnout?

It's not the neatest, no running water or wet bar.

Turned out great...but what else you would expect from Sir-Pup, who so kindly hit them with O.D. 'cause I was packed to go?

Really now that I have the ordnance painted, so I just need to hit with some clear coat, do the panel line accents and last bits of detail paint, then final assembly!!!

Back