• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vietnam Campaign

Might do both Air Force & A Navy ... Think I have a Showtime 100 With Legends pit shelf Queen ... But the Air Force would be a new kit ... The Navy heavily modified Showtime 100, kit will be the VF-31 F-4J Mig-Killer ... I want this one to be a tribute to my Friend "Hippy Ed" ...

Jun 21, 1972 Mig-21 F-4J, VF-31, CVW-3, CVA-60, CDR Sam Flynn
A/C No. AC 101, BuNo 157293 Lt. Bill John

On Hippie's Bird I have started engraving panel lines & legends' pit on fuse ...

hb90f624.jpg

I also have removed the Air Force reinforcement tabs ... This is a New Showtime 100 kit started 0n another forum ...

h1f3c753.JPG

Leading contenders are a F-4J or A-4 (both 1/48 Eduard boxings). The F-4 is tempting...but w/ the SEAD campaign getting the axe, I may spring for the A-4 packing Shrikes for an Iron Hand mission in tribute. :drinks

Might do both Air Force & A Navy ... Think I have a Showtime 100 With Legends pit shelf Queen ... But the Air Force would be a new kit ... The Navy heavily modified Showtime 100, kit will be the VF-31 F-4J Mig-Killer ... I want this one to be a tribute to my Friend "Hippy Ed" ...

On Hippie's Bird I have started engraving panel lines & legends' pit on fuse ...

hb90f624.jpg

I also have removed the Air Force reinforcement tabs ... This is a New Showtime 100 kit started 0n another forum ...

h1f3c753.JPG
Not that much started Go ahead and do Hippy Ed happy mate (y)

Leading contenders are a F-4J or A-4 (both 1/48 Eduard boxings). The F-4 is tempting...but w/ the SEAD campaign getting the axe, I may spring for the A-4 packing Shrikes for an Iron Hand mission in tribute. :drinks
Once again I have to say BOTH!!!! hehehehe

I have a bunch of kits that would fit but will abstain. I will be following closely and hope to see some great builds completed here ! :drinks

hb90f624.jpg

h1f3c753.JPG
Not that much started Go ahead and do Hippy Ed happy mate (y)

I do love the F-4 ... this kit was a Showtime 100 ... Story goes on the other place Ed & I were going to do a Mig-Killer Build. Well He picked & posted the Showtime kit before I could. So I was left to franticly find another Mig Killer ... I was also doing a U.S.S. Saratoga Flattop build (I think That ones On the shelf also) I was trying to backdate it to the Vietnam Cruise ... So when I found through My research that Sara Had a Mig-Killer to Her credit, I went with Commander Sam Flynn's bird ... I have the decals also for this one ... Somewhere ... Cheers :pilot

What a co inky dink. The next show here in Oklahoma is June 10th and the theme is Nam. Soooooo I ordered the Italeri 32 F-104C for this campaign and hope it will work out to be in time for the show.

What a co inky dink. The next show here in Oklahoma is June 10th and the theme is Nam. Soooooo I ordered the Italeri 32 F-104C for this campaign and hope it will work out to be in time for the show.

You going big ain't ya Paul?! :good:

I'm joining in. I have a Meng 1/72 scale F-102 Delta Dagger I'll be doing in the SEA camouflage pattern that they painted some of these birds in when they sent them to the 'Nam. My startup pics are posted.

Damn, I have been out of the loop for too long, but I am glad I saw this in time to get some stuff in the works. I have some single figure displays planned, a diorama, a M132 Flame Track, and perhaps a M113 ACAV or two. Now that I am retired, I just might be able to get a few of those done. Once I figure out what I am going to start on first, I will post it.

Cheers,
James

Back