• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"GOING DOWNTOWN" AIR WAR OVER VIETNAM

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I would like to propose a new campaign. The theme for the IPMS Nationals here in the States is "GOING DOWNTOWN". I would propose we do a parallel campaign focused on the air war over Vietnam. Any(manned) aircraft used during the Vietnam conflict from 1948 to 1975. I will moderate the whole thing so no one needs to get all stressed out about it. No obligation to join. Start now then move the thread "if" campaign approved. Start "if" campaign approved.....whatever. You set the time limit. It needs to run at least until the nationals are over. What do you say?

hc725579.JPG

:hmmm

I'll go dig through the closet tonight.

This might be a chance to build my Rockin' Rhino F-4J (VF-114). :hmmm

We're already doing the same theme - well, a more encompassing one including AFV's etc - over at Kiwi Modeller, you've already seen my first build, the F-5A here.

As luck would have it, I've planned a second build for that GB which would be my enty for this one... put me down for a F-100D, General. I'll be using a few extras and a Superscale sheet on the Trumpeter kit. The markings will be for Don Kilgus' wingmans a/c at the time of his disputed MiG 17 kill in April '65.

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/f-100-versus-mig-17-the-air-battle-nobody-told-you-about/

...so this kit:

hc600d59_2017-03-15.JPG

in these markings:

h25b3ca1.jpg

hedce941_2017-03-15.jpg

AFN
Ian.

What about Helo's and what will the timeframe be I have something I want to take my time on so I need more than a few months

Then again I might just start this one I got yesterday

hc9dd294.JPG

Very tempting as I have ten kits that would qualify but this will end up running through my inactive period during the year and the likelihood of finishing would be very low so I'm going to take a pass. Hope to see some great builds though !

Yes its a difrent one this one is only the air war and more specifically the planes that went to North Vietnam as I understand it (Mr T Propably will include the rescuers also?). Nam is for all aspects of the war

Yes its a difrent one this one is only the air war and more specifically the planes that went to North Vietnam as I understand it

I suppose, by extension that should also include the MiG's that were defending their airspace... :idonno

Ian.

Referring to the first post (Oh yeah mine) "Any(manned) aircraft used during the Vietnam conflict from 1948 to 1975" No this not just about bombing the North. I didn't even look to see if there was another Vietnam campaign out there. I will wait my turn so we can do this one in a couple of years.

:pilot

Back