• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

YGBSM Campaign?

helios

Testing the waters to see if others would be interested in a future SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses) Campaign. I don't know how much interest there is as it's a rather niche role, but you never know unless you ask. This is primarily post-site transfer discussion.

Eligible Countries: All

Eligible Era: All

Eligible Equipment: Land, sea, or air. Suppressor or suppressee.

Required loadout: Weapon loadout should be representative of what would be carried in support of a SEAD mission. (IE: HARMs, Shrikes, ALARMs, Jammers, etc)

Basically open to any class of equipment that was designed for the specific mission (EA-6B, EA-18G, EF-111, F-4G, Tornado ECR), trained for the mission (F-4C/D, F-16), used in a SEAD role (AH-64, Special Ops, cruisers/destroyers utilizing ship launched cruise missiles), or the object of a SEAD mission (mobile or fixed SAM/AAA batteries & radar installations).

Cheers. :drinks

SEAD Campaign?

Sounds great, SEAD & 'Weasling' along with Recce stuff is a favourite theme of mine. Remember Britain, France & Russia have dedicated platforms & weapons for the anti-radar role aswell.

If/when this goes to the vote and gets chosen, I'd happily 'mod' the Campaign.

Ian.

SEAD Campaign?

I like it, really like that you included the target side. Excellent idea! (y)

Might I suggest naming it, YGBSM Campaign?

Capt. Jack Donovan, a former B-52 EWO, is credited with first uttering those words at a briefing for the first crews selected for Wild Weasel training.

"Jack Donnovan's contribution to the vernacular when introduced to the Wild Weasel concept was more enduring, and became the semi-official motto of the Wild Weasel profession: YGBSM - "You gotta be shitting me." This was the natural response of an educated man, a veteran EWO on B-52s and the like, upon learning that he was to fly back seat to a self-absorbed fighter pilot while acting as flypaper for enemy SAMs. What would you say?"

Capt. Al Lamb (the self-absorbed fighter pilot)

Capts. Lamb and Donovan were the first crew to score a SAM kill flying a F-100F with the 354[sup]th[/sup] TFS on 22 Dec 65.

Cheers,
Rich

Sounds suspiciously aircraft racist to me. Please expand to allow the ground pounders and knuckle draggers.

Sams and AA are allowed as well. Anything the SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defense) aircraft would be targeting.

Airplane Racism?!? :rotf :ro:
15_July_14_Crusader_III_4~0.JPG

No USN "Iron Hand" patch is in my possession ATT.

Cluster bombs were also a favorite weapon to use against a SAM site. In SEA, the F-105 Weasel would take out the radar site and his wingman in an F-4 would take out the rest of the site with SUU-30 cluster bombs. Apparently the F-16 Weasels from Shaw AFB used a very similar tactic in OIF.

This will be fun! Weasels are just BAD A$$!!!!!! :ro:

From last year...

hd543ce5.jpg

h705cc19.jpg

Also have a 1:48 A-6A which I can convert to a 'B' and an A-7E for Vietnam era Iron Hand modelling (although I was thinking of building the Corsair in the low-vis late 1980's 'Tactical Paint Scheme'), also there's a 1:72 F-4G, a Tornado and a 1:48 Tamiya F-16CJ for more contemporary 'SEAD' duties lurking in the stash.

h9e45ac6.JPG

h31f6297.jpg

Ian.

Back