• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc' COF VII - Iraqi MiG-15 UTI

Flyingbabydoc

Hi there,

Another COF (I told you I wanted all the ribbons for this campaign). This one is a Little gem, I love this airplane and I have read many good things about the kit.

This is the Eduard 1/72 MiG-15 UTI with a lot of PE, including Flaps and some outside ladder and chokes.

The airplane is a Trainer of the Iraqi Airforce near Baghdad in 1988. I am guessing it was destroyed in the first gulf war.

I hope you like it. I am looking Forward to building this.

These are the first Pictures:

Cheers

Alex

hb902133.JPG

he2eea68.JPG

h7056ee2.JPG

h99a65a3.JPG

he20e0a6.JPG

hce5cf87.JPG

hdb32a42.JPG

h4b0fdd7.JPG

h17922d2.JPG

h902f26d.JPG

h620ec7b.JPG

h7af1838.JPG

Thanks Bob and Christian,

I really enjoy These Little bugs, the MiGs-15. Eduard still lacks a bit on the detailing of the model but they make up for on the PE.

Things have been hectic but I got some more assembly done. Lots of adjustments, specially in the Flaps area (as usual).

In any case, the Progress:

h2df357b.JPG

h8fd7729.JPG

h1eb12b2.JPG

h3a2c5d5.JPG

h67d19bb.JPG

h00214e0.JPG

h9d3b779.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Hi Friends,

Back from a rather Long unwanted pause (work related), some Progress on the MiG-15. Assembly is ready and all the PE got together. Shame I could not get a smoother finish, I guess with brush painting I will never be able to do that. Oh well. I will soldier on. :soldier

Cheers

Alex

hede722d.JPG

hdc959c3.JPG

h2fca940.JPG

ha57bd62.JPG

he98723f.JPG

hf80fdf2.JPG

Well, This is how you royally screw up a model and try to save it.

I went on for the painting and somehow the Dilution was not working well. I kept pouring paint and paint and... disaster. The Thing looked thick as wool. :bang head :bang head :bang head

I had to scrap the whole paint down and I will let it dry a few days before trying again.

Very frustrating.

Cheers

Alex

h080e6b4.JPG

he92db4e.JPG

hec13078.JPG

h4c46e3d.JPG

he1e7d13.JPG

h7c5ca2a.JPG

h2c46761.JPG

hd83f4fd.JPG

h5ea37b7.JPG

I'm not sure if the smell of alcohol bothers you .

91 % alcohol and Q tips will remove most everything and dry in an instant.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi everyone,

So sorry for having been missing the last 5 months.

In any case, I wanted to finish this chapter here and so the Pictures of the MiG-15 after the new painting and finished. I am quite happy with the final result. I hope you like it too.

Cheers

Alex

h2f07d88.JPG

h95826c1.JPG

hcd6a4a3.JPG

hfe05e73.JPG

h5f9b4fd.JPG

h3c3c0e8.JPG

h09eb244.JPG

hb8fe1cd.JPG

h2e11538.JPG

hb9f29fe.JPG

h22817ca.JPG

hdadacb4.JPG

You really did some great work on this kit and it shows. I like your color choose as its a nice departure from the normal natural metal as usually seen on these.

Shame I could not get a smoother finish, I guess with brush painting I will never be able to do that.

Moonpup and I have talked about this vary problem as some leight and even been trying some techniques with success. If your interested in what we have been doing shoot me PM and we'll talk it over.

Nice Job on this all around!
:v

Thanks Eric and Dave old friend.

Eric, I will PM you shortly and if you don't mind I would love to pic your brain on how to get this damn paint smoother. I have diluted it to the Point of Exhaustion and still bad..
:bang head

Cheers

Alex

Thanks Eric and Dave old friend.

Eric, I will PM you shortly and if you don't mind I would love to pic your brain on how to get this damn paint smoother. I have diluted it to the Point of Exhaustion and still bad..
:bang head

Cheers

Alex

:D :D

https://www.modelersalliance.org/forum/wesendorf-field/154806-airfix-p-40-oiled-up

Thanks Mark and Luiz, ever so Kind.

Eric I still did not PM you but I will do ASAP. I am really in dire Need of help with These blistering acrylic paints (either thick as mud or thin that you Need 1000 coats).

Cheers

Alex

Back