• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc's COF III - 1967 Israeli Mirage IIICJ

Flyingbabydoc

Hello again,

Here is the third Project on the series.

This one will be a challenge, a limited-series AML Kit of a 1/72 Mirage IIICJ flown at the 6-Day War in June 1967. Already on the first day it downed two Iraqi MiGs and a Lebanese Hunter.

I am a bit scared from what I have seen in the box, parts seem... mangled? I will try anyways.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Alex

h65cbecd.JPG

h1c6a056.JPG

h583a3a9.JPG

ha3cedd1.JPG

Hmmm ? Never built an AML kit . I read they were demanding :bat I have a couple on the shelf :popcorn or was that just a mirage :idonno

You go first :tomato

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, Christian. If you have them on the shelf Keep them there. It is absolutely frustrating dealing with this Piece of crap. :bang head :bang head

Nothing fits! The instructions are useless, the pieces are simple, undetailed and really warped. I thought about chucking it a few times already. Haven't done yet, let's see what I can make of this kit. I don't expect much.

Cheers

Alex

he2c260c.JPG

h4510356.JPG

h49e2a90.JPG

h43fddd6.JPG

h6ebdc0c.JPG

My approach when I run into kits like that is to build it wheels up on a stand, then use it for weathering practice or some type of experimental run. No need for it to be a total loss, though it looks like you are whipping it into a Mirage-esque shape. :good:

My 1/72 Academy F-104 was exactly that. I wasn't particularly enamored with the kit. The shape was wrong and no detail (fortunately the fit was ok). I used it as a guinea pig for a wheels up attachment for future addition to a diorama. I tinted the canopy to hide the lack of detail in the cockpit, a little trick to attempt to draw the eye away from areas usually full of details.

Thanks Bob and Chris

Had a Long break but back on the Bench.

This is actually a good idea Chris, this kit will not turn out good anyways. I will think of an Experiment.

In any case I will finish it for the campaign.

Here is the final assembly and painting. Now on to the decals.

Lots more in the Pipeline to work on. However, AML kits no more... :bang head :bang head

Cheers

Alex

h12fa6a2.JPG

hdec50f8.JPG

had19302.JPG

hc46ec15.JPG

h94c94a0.JPG

Well, Christian. If you have them on the shelf Keep them there. It is absolutely frustrating dealing with this Piece of crap. :bang head :bang head

Nothing fits! The instructions are useless, the pieces are simple, undetailed and really warped. I thought about chucking it a few times already. Haven't done yet, let's see what I can make of this kit. I don't expect much.

Cheers

Alex

he2c260c.JPG

h4510356.JPG

h49e2a90.JPG

h43fddd6.JPG

h6ebdc0c.JPG

Ouch :sick: . Made me open the LA-5 and the H-75 boxes..... They look fairly harmless although there is plenty of extra plastic with them .

Can't find any flowery words in the available reviews....... Nearly made me want to build the LA-5 but I probably don't need the extra pain at a moment when nothing wants to be completed . :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Indeed you don't Need the pain.

Never again. I have a Macchi Mc200 from AML but it will probably remain in the shelf for Generations to come.

In any case I am done with this Piece of... plastic and I am not even bothering to weather.

I think this is not worth of being in the "completed" section so for the 1967 campaign I will work on another model, probably an Egyptian MiG-19 Farmer.

So Keep tuned and let's see what Comes up next.

Cheers

Alex

h40f96d5.JPG

hd7b73f7.JPG

h5754098.JPG

h251d177.JPG

h3a9f59d.JPG

h41e810d.JPG

Back