• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc's COF II - Syria (1/72 MIG-21 MF) Done

Flyingbabydoc

Hello again,

Time to start the second Project of this COF series.

This is going to be a Syrian MiG-21 MF which was lost in the Bekaa Valley in 1982.

The Kit is a Profipack from Eduard, the decals will be borrowed from an older Fujimi Kit. There are some nice PE Details and lots of interesting Options to see the inside of the plane. Should be a fun build.

Thanks for watching. Here the first pics:

hc797bab.JPG

h1010f16.JPG

h3f79cc1.JPG

hfc893a2.JPG

hb2d6181.JPG

h7e190af.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Doc's COF II - Syria (1/72 MIG-21 MF)

An excelent model, my friend!... hope to see a great job!

Abraço!

Luiz.

Thanks a lot dear friends,

So while waiting for the "remove before flight" hebrew PE to arrive (and finish the F-15) I started working on the MiG-21. A delightful Little model, everything fits very well, the Details are quite impressive.

I have finished the Cockpit and the very detailed landing gear bay. I will soldier on in the next few days.

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Alex

hbaaaca5.JPG

hb612ada.JPG

h656cec2.JPG

hb19ce63.JPG

hb8936de.JPG

h42a5c23.JPG

h4b4b756.JPG

haf57118.JPG

hf1e5dc4.JPG

h46e0d48.JPG

h6a78141.JPG

ha1131d5.JPG

Thanks Bob.

Still waiting on those PE from Eduard to finish the Ra'am so I got some more work done on this one.

Actually the assembly is progressing well. I think Eduard has improved a lot in the last few years, everything is highly detailed and it fits rather well. I just wish they would use a better plastic.

Anyhow, the pics. Thanks for looking. Cheers

Alex

hcc8319b.JPG

h5d2ab7c.JPG

h80668fe.JPG

h3f7f360.JPG

h3c2ec80.JPG

Looking nice an tidy mate with a very nice pit :dude
Edward is one of my fav kit's but they do tend to push the limit on how small they go on the PE,sometimes it's nigh on impossible to glue on cleanly. :bang head

Thanks a lot.

Actually that is what I like best from Eduard PE the Itsy bitsy tiny flimsy stuff. I use the needle of a 5-0 suture thread to get a drop of glue out of the tube and with the needle I place it in the exact location I am aiming to glue. Works wonderfully!
Cheers
Alex

Thanks a lot.

Actually that is what I like best from Eduard PE the Itsy bitsy tiny flimsy stuff. I use the needle of a 5-0 suture thread to get a drop of glue out of the tube and with the needle I place it in the exact location I am aiming to glue. Works wonderfully!
Cheers
Alex

You will find that invisible string from Walmart can do the same ( the stuff to use for antennae wires ) .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Luis! Muito obrigado meu amigo, sempre uma honra receber seu comentario.

I had some unexpected free time and got some more work done. No News on that PE which I bought from the UK, perhaps the Brexit is alreadyin effect - almost 2 weeks now waiting!

The assembly is finished and the armament also Chosen and assembled. Now on to painting.

What a delightful Little kit. Really enjoying it, I highly recommend.

Cheers

Alex

hfcfbc8b.JPG

hf3a42a6.JPG

hf96fb4b.JPG

h7ed0a4f.JPG

Don't feel bad , I have one coming that has already taken twice as long as it should have . Probably same place as yours :frantic

It has finally arrived Christian. I will try to finish that bird next Weekend.

As for the MiG-21 the painting is in. I like this scheme, much darker that the Israeli. Too bad it was useless for them.. :evil:

Some places Need still some work but that is the Overall idea.

Cheers

Alex

hd2b0bd7.JPG

hc7df721.JPG

hca08feb.JPG

h02d7cec.JPG

h047cec3.JPG

Thanks Bob, appreciated.

Decals are in. I swear it has never taken me so Long to get all the decals and stencils in. These Eduard decals are so "gluey" and sticky that I had sometime to use a third replacement to get them right. A GIANT paiin in the ass. Beware.

Anyways, next on to weathering and finishing up with the ground-attack ordnance.

The Israeli PE has arrived so I will probably finish both Projects at the same time.

Cheers

Alex

h98a3097.JPG

h78639b4.JPG

h15c10c3.JPG

hab43ec7.JPG

hd129432.JPG

h1d9b53a.JPG

hc18844c.JPG

h70bb318.JPG

h7751278.JPG

h1c19410.JPG

Not intending to be mean here but I see there's no way that Eduard windscreen could fit across the fuselage the way it should .

Typical Eduard :idonno

Good luck . Cheers , Christian B)

Back