• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc's COF I - Lebanon (1/72 F-15I Ra'am) - Done

Flyingbabydoc

Hi there Folks,

I am going crazy and I will try to get all the ribbons in this campaign.

The first one will be a great wall Hobby model of the F-15I Ra'am of the IDF, which was used in Lebanon in 2010. This kit as always is a 1/72 and I have never seen so much plastic and Detail in a kit. Simply amazing.

I have a set of decals coming in from the States so I cannot say exactly which aircraft I will be building but the Initial pics give you an idea of the Project.

Looking Forward to this.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers

Alex

h70a4bbb.JPG

hc3bdf4b.JPG

ha42a2d0.JPG

hd149a41.JPG

h2971a0d.JPG

h4f8e06f.JPG

hbf4785f.JPG

Doc's COF I - Lebanon (1/72 F-15I Ra'am)

Those look like cracking "little" kits. I've got the I in 48th and an E in 72nd squirreled away for a rainy day.

Great choice Alex!. following with full interest! :eek:ldguy

Luiz.

Hi guys

Sorry I haven't been posting any Progress for a while. There was None...

Now I finally got some time off and worked on this model. I must say, I am impressed with the Quality of GWH, everything adjusts absolutely perfect.

However...

The instructions are basically useless and you have to figure out a lot of steps on your own. Not difficult if you have good literature. Also the paint codes are mostly false.

This is the Progress so far. Hope to get some more work done during the Weekend. Cockpit, Radar unit and fuselage.

Cheers

Alex

h9fbcc6a.JPG

h287a43c.JPG

h7a466e6.JPG

h6e880f8.JPG

hf69da6d.JPG

hef63335.JPG

hd82fa1d.JPG

h297225f.JPG

h743acac.JPG

hd1ff764.JPG

hb4d017d.JPG

h16a927a.JPG

Sensational work Doc! That cockpit sure looks the business. Nicely done!

This is one plane I haven't yet built for my IDF Air Force. I'll be watching this with interest.

Excellent Start!! Them IDF paint Schemes are the nicest out there.

:v

Thanks guys you are very Kind.

I agree, the Israeli schemes are awesome. I particularly like those Kfir and Neshers with the black and White triangles. That is going to be also addressed in this series.

Assembly is going remarkably well and quite easy, if you disconsider the instructions. Basically all piece's numbers are false so you have to double check everything. However, it all fits very snuggly and almost no sanding/filing is needed.

This is the latest stage, of course still very rough and in Need of paint.

Cheers,

Alex

hf5450c2.JPG

h5789352.JPG

hf17840d.JPG

habceb33.JPG

he1f283c.JPG

h3ed6d2f.JPG

Man those are some crazy-great skills on this plane!

I think this was once known as the "greatest distributor of Mig-parts".

Thanks guys!

Much appreciated.

This one was not the Distributor of MiG parts, since this is an attack aircraft derived from the F-15E. The "Distributor" is the F-15C called "Baz" which had more than 50 kills in the Bekaa Valley in 1982 without any losses.

I was forced to pause a bit due to a eye-muscle Inflammation. Not fun, I assure you. In any case, here is the actual Progress with the gloss coating ready for the (thousands) of decals and stencils. Painting was by brush with the General Israeli colours (IAF Sand (FS 33531); IAF Light Compass Ghost Gray (FS 36375); IAF Light Brown (FS 32019) and IAF Light Gray Green (FS 34424). This is a very nice set from Ammo of Mig for brush painting. Works well IMHO.

Thanks for following.

Cheers

Alex

h22ca61e.JPG

hc503671.JPG

h66bc08b.JPG

he51e1cb.JPG

h0df3512.JPG

Back