• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Second Cauldron of War.

Duke Maddog

Since I stalled on the previous project for this campaign, I acquired an ACE kit of the Israeli heavy APC the Nagmachon. Here are my startup pics:

WIP_CauldronofWar_Part_2_I.jpg

WIP_CauldronofWar_Part_2_II.jpg

I started on the Nagmachon but only got the lower hull assembled:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_I.jpg

I set that aside to dry before moving on. More to be shown soon, stay tuned.

Here's the latest work I got done on this Cauldron project.

I started by building up the upper hull. You can see the ACE-type fit that this kit still has. There's gonna be some filler in my future:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_II.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_III.jpg

After that, I assembled the 'doghouse'. This had two full-sized parts that you bent around to fit on the base. Pretty ingenious if you ask me! Here's the front:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_IV.jpg

And here's the back:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_V.jpg

I'm happy with how quickly this is moving along:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_VI.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for looking in.

Here is my latest work on the Nagmachon. I got all the suspension parts on as well as some other detail parts. I had also started to fill those crazy gaps:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_VII.jpg

Gonna refine those fills later. The doghouse is still only dry fit.

This is going a bit slow due to so many extra parts and trying to make sure what I can add now or wait for later so things don't get broken off. I do hope to pick up the pace on this soon.

Thanks for looking in, stay tuned!

Not too much progress was made, but any progress is good progress.

Despite the instructions, I was able to make some progress on the Nagmachon; adding all the reactive armor and other detail parts to the hull:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_VIII.jpg

Later I posed this with the doghouse to see how it's looking so far. I next have to finish up the doghouse and then get the photo etch added:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_IX.jpg

That's all I have for now on this project; it was quite the incredibly difficult build to do.

Thanks for looking in.

That's an odd duck. Looks like the Middle Ages collided w/ WWI.

Thanks for building these unique models. I likely never would've seen these things otherwise.

Thanks Doc! Just watching this should bring some enjoyment; that fact you are checking in on this makes me very happy.

Thanks Helios! This is indeed an odd duck. The Israelis just don't seem to care what something looks like so long as it gets the job done well and saves lives!

I apologize for not getting more done on this. I do need to move forward on it; hopefully soon.

After some time, I finally got some progress to show here.

I started by masking the tiny windows with Tamiya tape:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XIV.jpg

After that, I added all the extra fiddly bits and all the P/E screen mounting brackets. What a porcupine this has become:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XV.jpg

I then first shot it with a dark OD color as a base:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XVI.jpg

After that dried up, I shot another coat of Israeli Armor Sand over it to try and get some modulation out of it. That is a bit hard to see in these pics, but it's there:

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XVII.jpg

WIP_Israeli_Nagmachon_XVIII.jpg

I also started the assembly of the tracks for this. They will go one later and then I plan on glossing this for a dirt wash and later dry-brush. The P/E screens will go on last.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking in.

Mark, Prop from Tank Girl? LOLOLOLL
Lots of fiddly bits.
"The Israelis just don't seem to care what something looks like so long as it gets the job done well and saves lives!"
How many of these did they acquire/make?
Frank
(y)

Thanks Mike!

Bob, I will keep soldiering on...

Frank, it looks like something from "Tank Girl" doesn't it? And yeah, loads of fiddly bits; and I haven't even started on the P/E yet! LOL! You're right about the Israelis. I have to find out how many they made of this. I'll get back to you on that.

Back