• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Merkava Mk I

jknaus

Administrator
Okay not sure why I am starting something else but this has been sitting here gathering parts for the past year. I was going to start a Chinese Type 59 but I think this has waited long enough.

ha2dcc95.JPG

h09ad94d.JPG

h3a32558.JPG

h8b23284.JPG

hf2dbd30.JPG

h5e7e2aa.JPG

James

Awesomeness James and some sweet AMs as well :ro:
If I understand the merkava family tree you will not have to apply any anti-skid to the Mk. I...but i could be wrong though :v

Awesomeness James and some sweet AMs as well :ro:
If I understand the merkava family tree you will not have to apply any anti-skid to the Mk. I...but i could be wrong though :v
Yeah an early one would not have the anti skid. After the fist time in combat the Mk II came out I believe and all Mk Is were brought up to that standard. Also I can remove the ball armour as that was an add on also. From pics I can find they didnt use the external mortar but from what I've read they did. So I will add it even though I dont have pictures.
Got the running gear done on one side, do the next and take pictures.
James

Well I think I got a good days work into this. Did one side of the running gear last night. Took a while to figure out the instructions. Really crappy with too much jammed onto one page. Had to go back and forth in the instructions to figure placement. Started fresh this morning and worked as I could through the day and have the hull buttoned up. I decided to close the head light covers. I also put a thin piece of plastic behind the exhaust to block out the empty interior. A few more pieces tomorrow and can start the turret. Road Wheels will happen sometime throughout the build. I need to start putting track together also.

h5036eea.JPG

ha2f5b2c.JPG

h81e4c3b.JPG

h123de09.JPG

h3344056.JPG

James

So late last night and early this morning I jumped some steps and got the turret glued together. The instructions have you install all the fidgety bits before joining the upper and lower halves which I feel would just leave to problems. So I added the things I thought were safe and then glued the turret together. Now its adding the small stuff. Have dry fit the AM gun in place. I also realized I didnt need the 50 Cal for this one as the early model did not carry it. It just had the 2 FNs.

ha1a3940.JPG

hbb7a513.JPG

h3b72da6.JPG

h80e07ec.JPG

h84bcf27.JPG

James

A little bit more work done. First week back at work and physio have conspired to slow me down. Using the resin pins on the track because of the nice detail they have. Sorry the pics a bit blurry of the track pins. Not much more to add and I can start painting. Need to put all the PE on the gun first. Track will be done in short work periods until complete.

heb439ff.JPG

h6cc9457.JPG

h5b78f01.JPG

h64b82f6.JPG

h609a8f2.JPG

hf3c6d4e.JPG

h8c7fe23.JPG

h6afb2a1.JPG

h53279c1.JPG

James

Back