• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's Cauldron Campaign Entry

Duke Maddog

Here's my campaign submission for this campaign. I'll be using a Dragon Sherman kit to supplement a Corporal Overby conversion kit of the M-51 Super Sherman. Here's the obligatory start pics:

WIP_CauldronofWar_I.jpg

WIP_CauldronofWar_Ia.jpg

I decided to skip the running gear and go straight to adding most of the parts to the upper hull. You can see one of the hatches got lost so I added one from the Dragon kit:

WIP_CauldronofWar_II.jpg

Next I added that big honking gun to the turret. What a nose:

WIP_CauldronofWar_III.jpg

Now there is the whole thing sitting together so far. I haven't got the engine deck glued down yet. I'm trying to find out if it is the right one:

WIP_CauldronofWar_IV.jpg

That's all I have so far. There's no instruction sheet with this conversion set for me to determine where some of the extra resin parts go so I'll have to start looking at more pics of this tank. This build might take awhile.

Thanks for looking in, comments are always welcome.

Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah, this little beastie always looks like it's gonna tilt over onto it's nose....

I did find the box and managed to get started on this again. First off, I got the last resin parts added to the M-51 turret:

WIP_CauldronofWar_V.jpg

I then added all the resin stowage parts to the left side of the tank:

WIP_CauldronofWar_VI.jpg

Had to wait for that to dry before I could go do the other side....

Later on I'll build the suspension and road wheels for this and get them mounted. After that will be all the plastic and/or photo-etch parts installed and this will then be ready for paint.

Since I was doing an Israeli vehicle, the next project I worked on was the Nagmachon. You can see that in the other Cauldron Thread.

Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Back