• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Magach 6B

RichB

Another blast from the past, the Italeri M60 Blazer, a 2003 re-issue of the venerable ESCI kit from 1990. I got this kit a few years ago from a friend cleaning out his storage shed. The box and instruction sheet have some water damage but everything else is good.

he452a34.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Neat kit! This one is supposed to be a better version of the Magach than my Academy, I think the tracks are supposed to be nicer. Check some of my reference photos, as the gun is shown with a multitude of different types of MG's, searchlights, tracks, and both with and without the barrel thermal sleeve. Cool subject!

It seems you can spin the big wheel of Magach mods to configure the kit to your liking and time period.

This kit was supposed to be the best M60 until the AFV kits came out. The kit has link & length T142 tracks and the thermal jacket on the barrel. I've got the Legend IDF MG set for the .50/FN MAG config, Legend Magach stowage to fill the turret basket and Valkyrie 1980's IDF crew.

Cheers,
Rich

The kit shows its age as just about every piece has ejector pin marks and/or seams to be sanded and scraped. A little elbow grease and some patience takes care of them.

h55789dd.JPG

Getting the hull built up. The suspension has been left off so I could take care of any joints in that area and not worry about breaking bits off.

hf7d2b8f.JPG

h791b96b.JPG

Removed the molded on mud guards from front fenders and replaced them with foil from a wine bottle. The left side was battle damaged, the angle of the dangle will be set once the wheels and track are on.

hef0b3ba.JPG

hc22af41.JPG

The rear received some damage as well. The right side bent and the left side removed.

h2e79c62.JPG

hb6e1e99.JPG

Work continues.

Cheers,
Rich

Since the last update I've had a hectic 3 weeks limiting time at the bench. But some free time over the last few days has the Magach just about ready for "prime time".

h4ecd779.JPG

had780b8.JPG

hd19470e.JPG

h9c2ffff.JPG

h123e3c6.JPG

h1cc545c.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Great progress there Rich, looking forward to seeing this one come together. :v

Man that thing looks niiiice!

It’s interesting to me that this particular tank was so heavily used by the Israeli‘s & for so long. It can be seen in it’s original form, with & W/out Blazer armor, Merkava tracks, Shrouded/Non shrouded barrels, & even WW2 to Modern cupola mount MG’s make this quite the interesting subject!!

Started some weathering on the turret with a layer of dust and grime using oil paints.

hacae0d7.JPG

h7f3aae8.JPG

h7e9b530.JPG

On to the hull.

Cheers,
Rich

Back