• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Syrian T-62 - COMPLETE!!!

iambrb

h08037e4.jpeg

I still lack the fuel tanks from Legend, but here is a placeholder

Syrian T-62

Better pic along with some reference pics:

dNLLSJf.jpg

Note that I still am waiting on the legend Fuel tank/plumbing set to arrive. I actually have two metal barrels for this, so that means one goes to the pares box for future use. Note it is opened only:

XASraav.jpg

And lastly here are a few pics of the actual product. Interestingly, according to what I have been reading, the Syrians are noted for their poor maintenance of thier equipment, so I am going to have to figure out hot to beat up/chip this little guy appropriately:

jkL8Uw4.jpg

7bZcTqu.jpg

JmK7DUu.jpg

roRgW0W.jpg

Syrian T-62

Whoa! Something not from the IDF! :tomato

Just kidding with ya! Looks like this will build up nicely!
:popcorn

Syrian T-62

Whoa! Something not from the IDF! :tomato

Just kidding with ya! Looks like this will build up nicely!
:popcorn

YEP! By the time this is over, I would like to build something Jordanian and Egyptian too. Was thinking about the M46 Patton from Takom (even has Jordanian markings) and maybe the Rye t-34/130 for Egypt. But one step at a time!

Syrian T-62

FINALLY got some time to work on this! Still lack the plumbing, but otherwise the running gear & body are looking good:

h5d2e50c.jpg

h3fb28c5.jpg

h648a67b.jpg

The fuel drums are just press-fit at the moment, and will require some adjusting, but otherwise looking good so far...more to come!!

Syrian T-62

So, are you going to add the fuel lines to connect the side tanks? :coolio
It's an easy addition that jazzs up a build.

Syrian T-62

So, are you going to add the fuel lines to connect the side tanks? :coolio
It's an easy addition that jazzs up a build.

YUP

h2ec89ef.jpg

hd0a609f.jpg

hfbb62a6.jpg

Still need some minor cleanup, but looking pretty good right now. Have some additional exterior wiring/plumbing to add as well, but decided to take Christmas Day to spend veg'ing with the wife, binge-watching some netflix

Syrian T-62

Hey guys, these last 4 pics. I see sand yellow &Russian green, do y'all see some dark red in there too?

jkL8Uw4.jpg

7bZcTqu.jpg

JmK7DUu.jpg

roRgW0W.jpg

Syrian T-62

It looks to me as if the third color is either dark red-brown or a chocolate brown, depending on how the sun hits it and how the dust and dirt filter it. If you go with one of these two colors, I don't think you can go wrong.

Nice work on the plumbing too!

Syrian T-62

This 62 is coming along nicely there Bruce. This will be a great project. :v

Syrian T-62

Fuel lines are off to a good start, don't forget the rubber hose connections. These were not hard lines.

hd0c7df7.jpg

Those are definitely tri tone camo schemes, I would use a lighter shade of brown than red brown though. Carry on. :good:

Syrian T-62

Fuel lines are off to a good start, don't forget the rubber hose connections. These were not hard lines.

hd0c7df7.jpg

Hmmmm.......I know that, still trying to figure that one.....have some ideas

I like that, just like the link provided, you challenge me

Back