• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old vs New!

Kreighshoer

a few minutes ago i received a pm with a highly interesting and promising group build proposal that i wanted to share with you!

an old versus new build!

how should i explain it ... hmmmmm ... we would have to find pairs of peoples who agree to build the same vehicle type, then one takes the old offering (e.g. an old tamiya matilda) and builds this kit with as much am stuff as possible ( = giving the royal treatment!) and the other person takes a new offering (e.g. the new tamiya matilda) and builds this kit strictly ootb!

the idea behind this is to see how good an old kit can compare to a new one and to see how both will look in the end!

:)

think of the massive variety of kits that can be used for this - wirbelwind, pz4/lang, jagdtiger, jagdpanther, 88mm flak36, matilda, sherman ... an endless list!

your thoughts?

Well I will go in for sure with Richie , we have the new Wirbelwind from DML and the old Tamiya one , Richie and I do not mind which one we do , the Tamiya one will use the Lion Roar set with brass barrels , new fenders , etch turret , tools etc and WWII Production tracks , we really want to trick this up , the DML kit is another challenge entirely , no aftermarket at all ! :unsure:

If you think you would like to join put a build choice down that you may have old and new in your stash and lets see if we can find you a modelling buddy ;) .

I imagine the one thread for both builders . :)

Just to clarify one point we have with the wirbelwind , if the vehicle should have Zimmerit the "Old" builder has the choice of aftermarket zimmerit or make their own , the "New" builder (provided the kit does not have zimmerit already) must not use after market zimmerit but I think add your own is acceptable .

Jenny :kiss:

Ohhhh. I like it , I like it.

And I would be all in for building the old version of whatever I build. I got soooo much old stuff It is scary :woohoo: .

Gary B)

Oh yes !! :silly: I also like the idea...it's the group build made for me !! :lol: I have only Italeri and Tamiya old models from seventies in my stash B)

Massimo :cheer:

Back