• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Umm...Why So Long?

TomN

Just wondering, why are the campaigns 12 months long?

It certaianly doesn't take that long to build a model (unless you're me) and a deadline is always good incentive to
finish something up, plus after 8-10 months you might lose interest in the whole project (me again).

Just my opinion, but I think the campaigns would be better at 3-6 months each.

Tom

Just wondering, why are the campaigns 12 months long?

It certaianly doesn't take that long to build a model (unless you're me) and a deadline is always good incentive to
finish something up, plus after 8-10 months you might lose interest in the whole project (me again).

Just my opinion, but I think the campaigns would be better at 3-6 months each.

Tom

To give the maximum number of people a chance to take part in the maximum number of campaigns without stress. If you get done in a month then you can move on(no stress). If it takes a person longer they have more time to finish(no stress). If a person wants to super detail they have time(no stress). We have more that enough campaigns to keep you busy with new coming on all the time. If you need deadline stress do more than one build at a time. I have 4 going and about to start another.

Terry :D

What the bald guy said...

We do generally have 5 or 6 builds open at any time so it gives you a chance to hop on any number of them and earn some campaign ribbons.

Interestingly enough, most campaigns finish with less than a third of the start up builds completed. Ahem! :D

Not what I meant, look at the start ups, then look at the finishes. The Campaigns may have run their course, it ain't a group build if only 3-4 are building. :laugh:

Interestingly enough, most campaigns finish with less than a third of the start up builds completed. Ahem! :D

All we can do is offer the build it's up to the participants to complete there projects. In any event I don't think time frame has anything to do with it.

:D

There's nothing wrong with the time frames, shortening them would probably make the completion rate worse.

I think 12 month is a good time frame based on what Mr T. said.

Mike, yes we have a better that 50% fallout during the duration of the campaign but that makes the ribbons even more exclusive. Not everyone gets a MoH either. and no matter how long you make a campaign, you will always have this fallout.

Joe

That's true, our buddy Ryan (57Chevy) sports a ribbon no one else has, the Evolution of War campaign from way back. He as the only one to finish. No one else has the right to bear that ribbon but him.

And we've had some campaigns that were shorter, Quarterscale was only a month. Even I got that one done.

Why so long? We like it like that. :mpup

Tom if you come up with an idea for a campaign it's your prerogative to set the length. Like I said earlier, we're very accommodating here at Modelers Alliance.

Tom,

I'm with you on this (but probably the only one here.) ;)

I've spoken about it at great length in the past in the staff forum but the majority prefers them long. I can't honestly see needing more than four months (six at the most?) to build and paint a model but I guess I spend the majority of my model time at the bench, considering the amount of time I've been a member here versus my number of forum posts.

I entered Operation Torch and was done in less than two months (while building several other models at the same time mind you) and when I look in there now I see maybe two other active builds. Will they keep the 'group' interest until February of 2012? I guess only time will tell. Will I continue to go back there until February of 2012, unfortunately I doubt it as I have several other projects currently underway.

For me a group build/campaign on any model forum anywhere, has never been about earning the ribbon. It was about the comradery of a large group of people sharing in something similar. Personally I think we have too many going on at the same time, with too few participants that last far too long but that's just me.

*and you apparently :pp

NOTE: this is just my personal opinion. This is not an attempt to argue or disagree, or an attempt alter the way things are done here. I am merely voicing my opinion on the subject and nothing more.

:v

Y'all want a short one, call it. We aims to please. :D

I gotta get started on Torch... :deer in headlight look

:mpup

Back