• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Do the Boxart?

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
05530Sdkfz6-NEW.jpg

Saul bragging about the new Trumpeter 05530 1/35 German Sd.Kfz.6 Halbkettenzugmaschine Pionierausfuhrung and it's boxart got me thinking. Why not a campaign to recreate the box art of your kit?

This would probably fare better for the armor stuff.

Whatcha think?

Interesting idea MP, unless it's an Afv club kit then there's just a white background :)

I guess you wouldn't have to do the exact box are for your kit, If there's a AFV kit of a subject Dragon does, use it instead.

You know,there is a really bad joke somewhere in this. :hmmm ...has something to do with
AFV club vehicles in the snow....[but I wouldn't make that joke]. :nothingtoad

MOONIE,

Yeah. A Cool Idea indeed. It would make ya think about th Kit you would use. Now ... There are some Dragon Kits that have Vehicles in th Background that are not kitted yet ... But I guess that all comes down to th Kit that you choose to Model ?

Talkin about White Backgrounds .. Some of th Older Tamiya Kits have a White background :D ...

This could get real creative .... What if you had a White Box kit , but recreated the Lettering & such & got it to sit , somehow in th Air against a White Background - 3 dimensional Lettering allover with th Model ... It could happen ! :D

It is a real good Idea and I would say there are also tons of possibilities for the aircraft guys too

just some old box arts - remember those old Revell's

S110.jpg

S106a.jpg

S103.jpg

S102.jpg

S062.jpg

or the very old stuff

eggersd558bt.jpg

Hase also has done some real nice ones

136_3615.jpg

and some more examples of others

6690015-1.jpg

5295_1.jpg

128_2825.jpg

.... sorry, couldn't resist :)

What comes in mind, armor related,are the GREAT box-arts done by
Ron Volstad.

http://ronvolstad.com/index.html

Just love his stuff!
And IF I got to do it....I would try to do his boxart as a dio.
But then again,have many,many,many ideas I like to do as well. :unsure:

@Erik;your idea WOULD be a great challenge! :woohoo:

Greetings,Ron.

Back