• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

COLD WAR WINGS

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I just got a MIG-15 the other day and it got me thinking about all the cool planes I grew up with. How about a campaign focus on any aircraft(with wings) inuse or produced during the cold war operated by any country. With say a time frame of 1947 to the end of the cold war(if it really ended). Man just think of all the possiblities both big and small. Props to jets :hmmm . What do guys think?

Edit: Now keep in mind I'm not talking about this starting tomorrow, next week, or even next month. This just to see if anyone is interested. So don't go running to your stash to see if you have something to enter. If enough people think it would be cool then we will go from there. :D

Terry B)

I like it even though I am overloaded at the moment. Isn't Red Star Rising the same idea though without NATO?

Regards,

It would be interesting as I have some Soviet a/c to build. But not in the near future. Too much on the plate now.
James

I'd certainly climb into the sandbox and play, so long as the start wasn't immediate. There's likely hundreds of
types to choose from for such a campaign.

I have the Academy F-86 in 1/48 and the kinetic Models 1/32 F-86F-30 to play with...

Hi! I am just getting back into this a baby-step at a time, but I am very-much wanting to build that Hobby Boss YAK-38 Forger taht is out now.

I am bout to start hunting in a few weeks, and that will occupy a good portion of my time thru the end of of the year, but if everything holds out, then I would be game in a big way, as I was thinking of starting on this in maybe Feb. or so (I am in procurement so forward planning in everything is part of my life, sad to say).

Prefering campaigns that have a hugh subject choice potential, I am still hoping that this one comes into play. Rather than lock into any single battle, campaigns of this nature allow decades of tecnnological advancements

Confirming 100% that I'm in. Unfortuneately, I only have about 30-40 suitable types in my stash to select from. But, I'll think about it. :blink :S

Start it soon. I have a Mig 23 just waiting on paint and initiative. And a Rook,and a Mig 3 early and late...oops they are started. Mig 23 it is.
James

I was hoping for start-up this coming weekend. June works, though. Of course, I could be dead by then. Like maybe struck down by a moped.

It's a go!!! COLD WAR WINGS starts tomorrow. I would wait to start until the offical thread is up, but after that you can take off.

Terry B)

Back