• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

UNIT CAMPAIGNS???

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I was sitting here waiting for one of my drawings to save and a idea drifted across my mind. What if we as a forum would do a campaign that focused on a single unit, squadron, task force, or galactic fleet. We have the inhouse researchers to gather the information the campaign would require. Maybe we could hook up with a veterans group that pertains to the campaign. What do you all think? I think it would be cool to do tanks from a particular panzer unit. :hmmm

:v

Neat idea!

A Squadron of Mosquitoes... :pilot

We'd be sort of limited to well known and documented units. Take the Gallands JG44, more specifically, the Platzschutzstaffel. There's only 3 confirmed schemes that have been identified but we know there were more aircraft in the unit. what they looked like, their unit ID are likely lost to history.

Point is, if we do this right, we have to make sure it's a well documented unit we work with.

Lots of possibilities...

Battle of Britain-- JG26, Polish RAF squadrons, Eagle Squadron (US pilots in RAF)
Eastern Front-- Guards squadrons, JG54
Battle of Germany-- Tuskegee Airmen, Checkertail Clan, 56th Fighter Group (Gabreski's squadron)

Course-- limiting it to one squadron might severely limit participation...heck- I can't even get 10 for Operation Torch and that was open to anything from any side in the battle ;)

Yes documentation is key. I think something like this might bring in some more modern subjects. I don't think the subject would have to be just for small units. For instance you could say U.S. Pacific fleet 1942 or 1st Armored Division Africa 1942.

I like this Idea. I think it gives lots of opportunities. And I agree that research would be a key factor.

Joe

Yeah Guys,

I really Dig th Idea !! Initially, I'd be partial to do a German Panzer Unit from a Certain Campaign.

Or ... What if We did a Certain Type of Machine - i.e. like King Tigers of the Ardennes, Tigers from th Eastern Front just for an example.... ?

I really dig th Idea ... But My personal research "Library" is limited to German Panzers.

Back