• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"WINGS OVER THE FRONT 1914 TO 1918" GROUP BUILD

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Plane and simple anything that flew during the first world war. (y) Any scale. So lets take to the wild blue!!

Terry :D

ac000-painting.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nIm1rvMGzhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm in with a Dual Fokker Dr.1 build from Eduards.

Dr.1 is the Red Baron plane...even though he spent more time in other aircraft...

Oh yeah I'm in!!! I've got a Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter and you never know this just might give me an excuse to get a WingNut kit. :hmmm

Terry B)

If the start time is a far off in the future, then I can join with a Macchi M.5 or Roland C.II Walfish, or Brisfish, or Bristol Crocodile, or Spad whatever it was with the fish scales all over, or the Roland C.II with the sharkmouth, or the Fokker with the eyes and moustache, or the...

bluefly_dinnerpartyad.jpg

So many choices and nothing to wear.
:(

Regards,

Yes, the Roland Walfisch was a whale, there was also a sharkmouth version with painted on curtains, the Brisfish is covered in scales and so was the Spad but I think the American Spad may have been when the hostilitiees ended.

Regards,

The Dr1's have the best faces I think. Just went to the WingNut Wings website and the DH9a in Marine Corp markings is really really calling my name.

Terry :hmmm

I don't think I will be able to wait for a GB. What about this for a project?

320072013220DH_9a20E853820USMC_20Model20built20by20Dave20Johnson209.jpg

You're going to need a lot of Bob's Buckles.

Well Terry, if we can't generate enough interest in this, me and you can build our old crates when we get the fever.

Yeah I will have to get a hold of Bob. I will more than likely order the plane next week. I've got the bug!!! I am going to show in Texas this summer and the theme is U.S. Marines and I thought that doing this plane up in Marine markings would be kick a$%.

Terry ;)

The only criticism I have of the WnW aircraft is the attachment of the control surfaces. There's very little to attach to and I have had rudder, aileron and one elevator pop off, I would like to see some sort of hinge system setup, even if in aftermarket. Other than that, they rock! I wouldn't put a lot of time in the cockpit, at least in the case of the Pup, it's going to be hidden when sealed up.

Its a nice kit Terry. I have one and the crocodile scheme. Bob, I've seen where people are pinning the control surfaces. Fine brass wire.
I'll say I'm in with either the Gotha or the Brisfit, or the Albatross V, but dont hold your breath with me finishing something. Doesnt seem likely.
James

I have one and the crocodile scheme.... but dont hold your breath with me finishing something.

James,

I am sure you answered me before but, who makes the crocodile scheme in 1/32nd? I ask (again) since I helped someone with the markings (in Florida) and I never got a sample but at least I did get my original decals back.

Also, I resemble the second statement!

Regards,

WELL I DID IT!!!!! I ordered the DH9a from WingNut.

320072013220DH_9a20E853820USMC_20Model20built20by20Dave20Johnson209_2011-04-07.jpg

So let the fun begin!!! (y)

Sweet!
Let me introduce you to my buddy Baron Von Buckles.... :mpup

I may break out my Eduard DR.1 twin pack.

I have one and the crocodile scheme.... but dont hold your breath with me finishing something.

James,

I am sure you answered me before but, who makes the crocodile scheme in 1/32nd? I ask (again) since I helped someone with the markings (in Florida) and I never got a sample but at least I did get my original decals back.

Also, I resemble the second statement!

Regards,

Sorry I missed this Saul. Ollie Homes. http://www.ohmodels.co.uk/first-category.html

And for those wondering.

OHM-32002Inst%20Sheet.jpg

And its siblisng the Brisfish

OHM-32001Inst%20Sheet.jpg

James

anything that flew in ww1? including zeppelin and balloons?

four interested peoples so far ... and all from the staff ... i say: bring me five non-staff players! five i say!

five - then we have a group build (in the far future) ... or should we make a SIG out of this planned gb? without time limitation and minimum players?

the subject itself is very interesting and i would love to see some ww1 flying machines! (no one double dog dares me! did i make myself clear?)

Well I think SIG would be a great idea mainly because I have a WingNut on the way and I don't want to wait to build it. Besides and SIG might generate interest for a future GB.

Oh by-the-way I double dog dare you Laura. :laugh:

Terry ;)

Back