• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Movie Props

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
Anything from a movie or TV. Like the F-14s from Final Countdown, '55 Chevy from American Griffiti, M24 from Battle of the Bulge, Star Wars, F-6s for the Flying Leather Necks, M41s or M48s from Patton, Bat Man car, 34 Ford from Bonnie and Clyde, U Boot from Das Boat, M4A3E8 from Time Bandits.................

The movie makers get it wrong all the time but what about doing models from them? Or has this been done?

Anything from a movie or TV. Like the F-14s from Final Countdown, '55 Chevy from American Griffiti, M24 from Battle of the Bulge, Star Wars, F-6s for the Flying Leather Necks, M41s or M48s from Patton, Bat Man car, 34 Ford from Bonnie and Clyde, U Boot from Das Boat, M4A3E8 from Time Bandits.................

The movie makers get it wrong all the time but what about doing models from them? Or has this been done?

Hi there.

Oddball's Sherman!
The T-34/Tiger 1 tank with the pretty paint splotches from Oddball's tank shells from Kelly's Heroes on the turret in the lane scene where the Tiger's barrel hits the tree.

Cheers from Peter

Wild Bill Kelso's P40 Warhawk from 1941. I thought a 1941 GB would be cool...but nnooooooo..... ( :mpup )

Wild Bill Kelso's P40 Warhawk from 1941. I thought a 1941 GB would be cool...but nnooooooo..... ( :mpup )

I was all for a 1941 build. Would still be in if there is one.

How about the P-40 from Sky Captian and the World of Tomorrow?

Tank Builder - the Tiger has got to be on a T-34 chassis;)

Top Gun MiGs (F-5E or N), T-55 parading as Tiger (Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers), T-34-85 parading as Panther (some Russian film which I can't recall the title), Rudy from Four Tankers and a Dog, so many more!

What about Sci-Fi? Plenty there...

Regards,

I was in the USAF when Top Gun came out. When we saw their "Migs" there was this noise that came from the theater that sounded like 70 knuckledraggers saying "bull!$@#" at the same time.

But it's Hollywood, where P51 Mustangs over Southern California stand in for FW190s over Europe. What movie was that anyway?

Top Gun MiGs (F-5E or N), T-55 parading as Tiger (Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers), T-34-85 parading as Panther (some Russian film which I can't recall the title), Rudy from Four Tankers and a Dog, so many more!

What about Sci-Fi? Plenty there...

Regards,

Of course Sci-Fi! Lots of neat stuff there.

How's about the .50 cal armed jeeps from the Rat Patrol TV series where .50 cal mgs could blow up Tiger tanks? Plus you don't need cargo or spare Jerry cans on the jeeps 'cuz they never carried them in any of the episodes I ever saw. I often wondered just how long those missions were supposed to be.

Peter

How's about the .50 cal armed jeeps from the Rat Patrol TV series where .50 cal mgs could blow up Tiger tanks? Plus you don't need cargo or spare Jerry cans on the jeeps 'cuz they never carried them in any of the episodes I ever saw. I often wondered just how long those missions were supposed to be.

Peter

you totally ruined childhood memories of mine. Next you're going to tell me that the Marines were not sloppy drunk when flying Corsairs like I learned on TV...

Which brings up another show...Black Sheep Squadron, or should this be ONLY movies?

I could see doing Lulubelle M3 Lee tank, the tank from Sahara, which Spilberg used in 1941. The version I would do is the one coming out of the paint factory before it went through the turpintine factory... :mpup

you totally ruined childhood memories of mine. Next you're going to tell me that the Marines were not sloppy drunk when flying Corsairs like I learned on TV...

Which brings up another show...Black Sheep Squadron, or should this be ONLY movies?

I could see doing Lulubelle M3 Lee tank, the tank from Sahara, which Spilberg used in 1941. The version I would do is the one coming out of the paint factory before it went through the turpintine factory... :mpup[/quote]

:laugh:

TV and movies!

If I could figure out away I would do the M3 in the paint factory busting all the paint vats (it is on my long list of things to model) If I could sculp my own figures I would do the Ferris Wheel or the 40mm bofors and the house.
Man I love that movie.

the spaceship from Space 1999 is another cool one.

How about the 1954 Ford School bus in MASH?

How about the the PT boat from McHales Navy? I think they sunk what about 2000 Japanese and German ships and subs?

Peter

I could see doing Lulubelle M3 Lee tank, the tank from Sahara, which Spilberg used in 1941. The version I would do is the one coming out of the paint factory before it went through the turpintine factory... :mpup

HEY!!!
leave my boys alone!
They were not drunks.....just happy!
:gogo

The scene with the Dodge Ambulance being hand-cranked in reverse up the sand dune in Ice Cold In Alex. The 1/35 scale Italeri Dodge Ambulance would be an excellent start to such a diorama.

Cheers from Peter

Our local club is doing this as a theme build, I'm building a MASH chopper.

The other ones I wanted to build were Dennis Weaver's Ford Fairlane from The Duel and Mad Max's Interceptor.

Our local club is doing this as a theme build, I'm building a MASH chopper.

Well here's the real thing if you need inspiration. Dad took these pictures in Korea in 1952.
3-16-2006-60.jpg

3-16-2006-61.jpg

3-16-2006-67.jpg

Let's just be glad there wasn't a bulldozer in sight, he would have taken pictures of it instead of the chopper.

Back