• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Home Front

jknaus

Administrator
Build something from the home front, used in training or particular markings from any area not in a theater of conflict. So in WWII England, Europe, Russia, Asia, Most of the Pacific Rim, North Africa and Northern Australia are not allowed. Anywhere else on the home front is fair game. That should stretch some imaginations and help us all remember a forgotten front.

James

jknaus wrote:
Build something from the home front, used in training or particular markings from any area not in a theater of conflict. So in WWII England, Europe, Russia, Asia, Most of the Pacific Rim, North Africa and Northern Australia are not allowed. Anywhere else on the home front is fair game. That should stretch some imaginations and help us all remember a forgotten front.

James

Hi there.

Why not England for the Home Front? There was a lot of training going on there for the invasion of Normandy. A great many Canadians received their training in England. Then there was the English Home Guard. There's lots that could be modelled as the Home Front in England and still not be active combat. Or is it because it's be too hard to differentiate between the Home Front and the Active Front? Just curious.

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
jknaus wrote:

James

Hi there.

Why not England for the Home Front? There was a lot of training going on there for the invasion of Normandy. A great many Canadians received their training in England. Then there was the English Home Guard. There's lots that could be modelled as the Home Front in England and still not be active combat. Or is it because it's be too hard to differentiate between the Home Front and the Active Front? Just curious.

Cheers from Peter

First off, Moon Pup yes civvies as well and the the BCATP yellow and black planes would be cool. Peter, the the reason why I was leaving some places out is that they where in fighting zones first off, and most of the vehicles in England, well you wouldn't actually know they where training. But in non combat zones the equipment was an eclectic mix and the my premis was on the duality of war. Those in the safe areas who may be spit and polished or less "tense" compared to those we know from a place where they are haunted and less spit polished and more "warrior mode". That was just my thought though and may not be something every one wants to try.
James

Hi James

This sounds like fun.. there has been a couple of very uniquely NZ things I've wanted to build that should fit within your build nicely (as long as NZ is not included in the Pacific rim). I'm a definite in with this :)

Cheers

Rob

Back