• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BOMBER COMMAND"AIR GROUP ACTIVATED"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
I know I'm going to get in trouble and I'm already on my way to the "Naughty Corner", but I think it is about time for a "WINGY THINGY" build. I also know that we are booked solid and nothing would start until next year. That being said I propose a bomber build, all types, any era, any country. Sometimes us armor guys like to fly.

List of players:
MrT
MoonPuppy
jknaus
Sherman18
Rob-MadAsKiwi-Mooar
Tankbuilder
Black-Sheep1
Tomwes
Jeeves
dollar19
chukw
BigDog
lupanzer

Terry :whistle:

aircorp_poster_1_20100913_1502403632.jpg

Re:BOMBER COMMAND

Hey ok!! :laugh: The first bombers in WWI did the same thing in some cases hand grenades were used.

Terry :laugh:

Dioramix wrote:
OK, brother-in-wings :laugh: I will come in then - and build a scene of the Gran Sasso Raid with a "Fieseler Storch".

And they threw out some 5kg bombs before landing - so the "Storch" is a bomber! :woohoo:

Throwing bombs out the window makes it a Bomber??

Johnny Johnny, always pushing the boundaries...:mpup

Re: BOMBER COMMAND

moon puppy wrote:
I'm in with a Bone... that's B-1B Lancer for the uninitiated.

Hey Pup I am going to be up close to a B-1 on the 19th. Anything you want a picture of in particular.

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:

Hey Pup I am going to be up close to a B-1 on the 19th. Anything you want a picture of in particular.

Terry B)

The Cans Man! :woohoo:

I've got Eduard's PE afterburners for this thing but I have not touched it yet. Bought the Bone off ebay back when it was OOP, don't ask me what I paid. it was maybe 6 months later it was rereleased. [slaps forhead]

I've seen massive buildlogs where guys superdetail the bombbays, I don't have the personal experience or references to do that so I will make mine all buttoned up. Maybe even gear up... :evil:

But if you want to get some good shots of the afterburners and the vortex generators around the tail, that would be way cool!

Dioramix wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
Dioramix wrote:
OK, brother-in-wings :laugh: I will come in then - and build a scene of the Gran Sasso Raid with a "Fieseler Storch".

And they threw out some 5kg bombs before landing - so the "Storch" is a bomber! :woohoo:

Throwing bombs out the window makes it a Bomber??

Johnny Johnny, always pushing the boundaries...:mpup

Bob, you are the boss and you are the expert. I only thought, that a flying thingy with a bomb throwing crewman is a BOMBER. Am I wrong? :woohoo:

Tradition has it that the person who comes up with the GB idea is the GB arbitrator, Mr. T. would be the one who makes the call on this.

Personally, I would make you model some half crazed German pilot hanging out the window lobbin' your 5lbers, I think you can do it!

moon puppy wrote:
MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:

Terry B)

I've got Eduard's PE afterburners for this thing but I have not touched it yet. Bought the Bone off ebay back when it was OOP, don't ask me what I paid. it was maybe 6 months later it was rereleased. [slaps forhead]

I've seen massive buildlogs where guys superdetail the bombbays, I don't have the personal experience or references to do that so I will make mine all buttoned up. Maybe even gear up... :evil:

But if you want to get some good shots of the afterburners and the vortex generators around the tail, that would be way cool!

Going to a airshow. The Bone is supposed to make a flyover which means it should be parked on location. If it is on the ground and I can get to it pictures you will have. Supposed to be a B-29, B-17, and B-25 there as well. Pictures Pictures Pictures!!! :woohoo:

Terry B)

The B25 is also in my stash. Both kits are 1:48. The Bone in 1:48 is supposedly the largest injection model on the market. Don't know if it's currently true but it was at one time.

moon puppy wrote:
The B25 is also in my stash. Both kits are 1:48. The Bone in 1:48 is supposedly the largest injection model on the market. Don't know if it's currently true but it was at one time.

I think it still holds that honor.

Terry B)

OH! I got a B26 in the stash also, oh the drama...what to do what to do!!

moon puppy wrote:
OH! I got a B26 in the stash also, oh the drama...what to do what to do!!

I have a 1/72 one started and I almost bought the Monogram 1/48 one this weekend.

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:

Terry B)

Going to a airshow. The Bone is supposed to make a flyover which means it should be parked on location. If it is on the ground and I can get to it pictures you will have. Supposed to be a B-29, B-17, and B-25 there as well. Pictures Pictures Pictures!!! :woohoo:

Terry B)
B-25 pics would be bonus. Come heck or high water I have 3 1/32 babes on pre order.
PS dont mention this to the wife or there may be a large estate sale of the stash.
James

jknaus wrote:
B-25 pics would be bonus. Come heck or high water I have 3 1/32 babes on pre order.

I know of those kits but I neither have the room nor the time... I have eight (yes, 8) Accurate Miniatures B-25 kits. I also have a few photos taken in Florida (some movies too) should you want some photos now to start you off.

Regards,

sharkmouth wrote:
I also have a few photos taken in Florida (some movies too) should you want some photos now to start you off.

Regards,

I want Walkarounds!!!!

B25 or B26 are two I've never been upclose and personal with. Been on B17, B24 and B29.

Okay , let me write these down , Terry , Johnny , James , Moon Pup and Saul , all going to the naughty corner ! Aw heck , you are already in there anyways :woohoo: !!!!!

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
Okay , let me write these down , Terry , Johnny , James , Moon Pup and Saul , all going to the naughty corner ! Aw heck , you are already in there anyways :woohoo: !!!!!

Just call it the Hanger.
piliot.gif

C'mon Jenny... try an aircraft. I will even find you a desert pink Spitfire!

Regards,

jenny croft wrote:

Bob's buying a flat panel.. can I go too?

Back