• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Warsaw Pact build

kaleu

How about a Warsaw Pact group build for next year? The time frame would be from 1955-1991 and could only include vehicles or planes in Warsaw Pact member markings.

Re:Group build idea

I don't have any specific start or end dates, but would be willing to help moderate this build if needed.

I would love to participate, but is the BMP-3 considered a 1991 time-frame? I thinks not.

Still wanna be in it, 'Doe

Well, there seems to be sufficient interest. Any ideas on start/end dates? Is it possible to make this an official future group build?

hmmm ... it could motivate me building my Su-24 but may be I'll start this earlier ... but I have a lot flying red stars here arround :)

So, I'd like to bump this topic up again and see if anyone is still interested in this grup build. I would like to start this build in January or February of next year and maybe go for 6 months? The models would be limited to Warsaw Pact countries only and the vehicles would have to be in service between 1955-1991. As with other builds, a picture of the unstarted model and any aftermarket parts posed with a current newspaper (jan or feb 2011 edition) would be required.

Follow this link if you want to know more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact

Or, to make it more interesting, the group build could be changed to a NATO/Warsaw Pact build. The same rules would apply for anyone building a NATO vehicle in service before 1991 and with the appropriate markings.

I would REALLY be interested in this!

Particulalry if it includes NATO - there is a whole host of NATO stuff that could be done, and & I do not want to mixed up in anything with external fuel lines (E.G., t-55/62) for awhile!

If you include NATO, would this then be a Cold War GB? Would it be more interesting if each participant had one year to build one subject from each side (NATO/Warsaw Pact)?

I am just thinking aloud.

Regards,

Sharkie - Great minds think alike....and so do ours!

I was about to post that very thing but you were ahead of me!

I am in and already know my two.............

Good to go - and I like the name!

NATO is a large area, but we could call it "STANDING IN THE GAP", in honor of Nato defending the fulda gap, AGAINST THE RED TIDE, etc.

So, how can we get the Warsaw Pact build approved for a future GB? A competing NATO forces GB would also be good.

Back