• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY CAMPAIGN

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
This November will be the ten year anniversary of the formation of the forum. In celebration of this event I propose we have campaign to honor that event.

Entrants will revisit the first subject they posted on the site. Start up pictures will be as usual with the addition of a picture of the first model you posted to the site. Sort of a before and then after.

The same kit need not be used just the same subject. Additional details may be added, but type, markings, and scale must be the same.

What do you think?

Very interesting. I like it. (y) For those wanting "I can do it better now", here's your chance. :coolio

My first subject on this forum was Revell's 1/32 Ju 88 which is still on the shelf of doom. :blush:
Not likely I'll attempt a second one that size. :gogo

Searching way back it looks like the one I was working on when I started was the AFV Club Churchill...do we build them exactly as we had back then or can I replace those horrible rubber band tracks with something else?

Never mind...just saw your post again...same markings but additional details can be added... gotcha

My profiles says I have been a member for 7 years, but I have a post from 2009...

I'm sure others recall the "Fat Finger" episode where I deleted about 60 users. Think you were caught up in that.

From the looks of things I opened up registration for all on 11/16/09. Chad Lebo was second to sign up.

To The Zod! :drinks

I really like the idea Terry and would certainly be up for building the same kit but I would not want to do another in the same markings.

The first one I posted was my '48 scale Revell/Monogram PBY Catalina as a RDAF Catalina. I have three others in the stash but I wouldn't want to do another in the same markings. One of those was enough for me.

I'd take a stab at this baby though!

he3b02fc.jpg

hcec326b.jpg

hb110bb6.jpg

Ah yes, I remember the FFE. :frantic

My first was an LSSAH Pz IIF, in 1/24 scale.
G4GNBep.jpg

I agree with sharkman, while I would be willing to do one in 1/35 or 1/48, I can understand not wanting to do the same markings again.

Near as I can figure it was either the Voo Doo, GMC 75 or the Rosie the Rocketeer that I did first for the site. I'll have to smoke it over.

If you hit the My Topics tab and go to the last pages, you can see what you subscribed to, as well as, what you posted. Mine was a StuG (go figure) :rotf

Well it wasn't Rosie, found on FineScale I started it in April. I was finishing the Voo Doo so the one I started first was the MGC75. Eh...

Ah yes, I remember the FFE. :frantic

My first was an LSSAH Pz IIF, in 1/24 scale.
G4GNBep.jpg

I agree with sharkman, while I would be willing to do one in 1/35 or 1/48, I can understand not wanting to do the same markings again.

I should have stated that I would like to try to improve the build of the original kit, I would just like to not be limited to the same markings.

I Think this is a great campaign idea. I'll not be participating since I have only been post here for less than 6 months. It will be fun to watch!
:v

I Think this is a great campaign idea. I'll not be participating since I have only been post here for less than 6 months. It will be fun to watch!
:v

Na, I think you can build anything you want. Time to make history. :dude

Back