• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Then and Now- need help from the diorama gurus!

Jeeves

Been looking through my stash trying to decide what's next...as I finish up the Rhino. I'll be restarting the FT-17 but then came across an idea when looking at an LRDG Command car...the British bearded figures reminded me of my Meng Toyota Technical with the bearded Tier One dude...might be an interesting two builds to.put next to each other...

Then and Now

This is interesting. I have done a few sets of models like this: A WWII German tank transporter based on a FAMO next to a modern German MAN tank transporter. I also did a few ambulances the same way.

This could be interesting. You might need to flesh out the details a bit.

Then and Now

Well...to be honest, the Toyota is nearly done so my own build doesn't qualify. I just thought it be an interesting vignette to put them next to each other...maybe I'll do the LRDG in b&w ;)

Then and Now

Ok...changing this from a group build idea to a diorama idea but need some help. I've decided to build the LRDG truck and figures on one side of a wall and the Toyota and Tier One dude on the other side. The LRDG side of the vignette will be B&W and the Toyota side will be color...

So what I need is a wall that could settle for both periods in time....came across this and was wondering if the wall could be used as WWII era on one side and modern day on the other.
35251_m.png

..or if not what some other possibilities there might be from the more experienced builders....

B)
Can't see why not, wall technology in the middle east hasn't progressed at all since WW2 as it keeps getting blown-up anyway. By the way a great idea with the B&W for old and color for new separated by a wall. Love it!

Ian.

do a split base with a building.facade separating it. The building should be the same on both sides and put a vehicle on each side

Back