• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BOEING B-17 FLYING FORTRESS CAMPAIGN

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Any version....any scale....new....old.....new kit....started kit...out of the box....or out of this world detailed. Start your engines and get in formation.

Start time July until March 2019.

h6aa909d.jpg

What you think?

B)

I have the Swoose who needs to be built. Been thinking how I'll do her, as Gen Brett's personal ride or the war weary veteran limping along.

Great idea Have the old Hasa 1/72 kit I would do for it

A WW2 bomber campaign might also work just as well or maybe a Fortress Campaign

Great idea Have the old Hasa 1/72 kit I would do for it

A WW2 bomber campaign might also work just as well or maybe a Fortress Campaign

I wanted to keep it narrow to avoid the endless questions of "is this a bomber?".

I would like to see how that old kit looks.

B)

Bob, there was a fairly extensive article in the January 2017 Air Classics magazine on the Swoose pretty much detailing it's entire history. It carried many paint schemes during its career including RAF colors which were applied in May of 42 when the Swoose was loaned to Air Chief Marshal Sir Charles Burnett. If you like I could scan and email it to you.

Only B-17 I have is gigantic and not ready to build it at this point. (would take longer than the campaign to do it anyway)
3dfou.gif

I have the new Airfix one in 1/72 scale; not sure I want to tackle such a complex and large project at this time though. I've got three other large projects stalled due to complications I've encountered so far.

Back