Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Alliance Campaign

Alliance Campaign 10 Jul 2016 19:20 #1

I've been talking about the new sit for months now and i haven't even purchased the new host yet but, I was thinking the first campaign on the new site should be an all inclusive campaign, not Big Planes that only attract some of us, not micro scale that others would like. Something everyone should be able to get behind and build for to earn the Inaugural Campaign ribbon. Probably need a cooler name for it, just throwing this out for consideration and conversation.

What'chall think?
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2018 22:17 by moon puppy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 19:42 #2

Sounds good. What about something like whiffers?
  • Paulw
  • Paulw
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 19:56 #3

How about Modelers Alliance 6 months and you have to build a model of your choice following the normal Rules. I'll put in a $50 US prize awarded by popular vote.

James
  • jknaus
  • jknaus
  • Air Marshall
    Air Marshall

Last Edit: 10 Jul 2016 20:05 by jknaus.

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 20:03 #4

We could look back a couple of years, see which campaign generated the most completed builds (from all the disciplines), and simply re-run it.

Just a thought.

Ian.
  • ij001
  • ij001
  • Group Captain
    Group Captain

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 20:26 #5

ij001 wrote:
We could look back a couple of years, see which campaign generated the most completed builds (from all the disciplines), and simply re-run it.

Just a thought.

Ian.

That would be the CTA builds would it not? I'm sure we could find a worthy cause for a CTA III.
  • razordws
  • razordws
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
DAVE

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 21:53 #6

Personally I don't want to do another CTA at this time, I'd rather just build a model, something I haven't had time to do in a long time.

I like James' idea, just open Campaign, whatever you want to build, if James want's to sponsor it that's his call. I'd rather avoid doing a prize drawing and all that associated wtih CTA.

Modelers Alliance Campaign. :hmmm

Hank Williams Jr.

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 22:11 #7

Just for Fun... nice ring to it.

Regards,
Saúl Garcí­a
Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man,
Well, it surely means that I don't know

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 23:23 #8

Something in NMF? :hmmm

OK, this is inaugural and you want a campaign where every one who enters just builds what they want. In reality it doesn't sound like much of a campaign to me because everybody does that anyway. You could do one with a specific nationality involved and that would allow every one to build their favorite what ever in that nationalities markings or something that was manufactured by said nation. Not limiting it to any theater of war but say something that would lend a build to be either historic or modern.

Things from Italy, Japan, Russia, South America or Canada etc. Hang a Name on it like " It's a Mad, Mad, Mad world" It wouldn't take much imagination to come up with something that you can build or produce. Historical or modern, factual or sci-fi. Everything under the sun may be eligible for the campaign.
  • Paulw
  • Paulw
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier

Inaugural Campaign 10 Jul 2016 23:24 #9

moon puppy wrote:
Personally I don't want to do another CTA at this time, I'd rather just build a model, something I haven't had time to do in a long time.

I like James' idea, just open Campaign, whatever you want to build, if James want's to sponsor it that's his call. I'd rather avoid doing a prize drawing and all that associated wtih CTA.

Modelers Alliance Campaign. :hmmm

...it sounds very good... :thumbsup

Luiz
  • lupanzer
  • lupanzer
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms

Inaugural Campaign 11 Jul 2016 01:08 #10

That's cool Pup. I totally understand.

As for the name of the campaign should it not indicate the fact that it is the inaugural campaign for the new host in some way? Does the new host have a cool name you could incorporate into the title in some way?
  • razordws
  • razordws
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
DAVE

Inaugural Campaign 11 Jul 2016 02:21 #11

Some one mentioned a possible campaign a while back about doing a kit when you were a kid only updated. So with a little tweak, how about:

Remember When. . .

Build a kit, current version new mold or the old kit, (if you have it) of a subject you built as a kid. Any subject, any era, only catch is it should be same subject and scale as a kit you built as a kid. It does not neccessarily need to be the exact same kit.

For example, the newer 1/72 Airfix Do17 in place of the ancient Monogram 1/72 Do17.

It might be helpful to have a photo of the old kit. :hmmm

Inaugural Campaign 11 Jul 2016 07:09 #12

Paulw wrote:
Something in NMF? :hmmm

OK, this is inaugural and you want a campaign where every one who enters just builds what they want. In reality it doesn't sound like much of a campaign to me because everybody does that anyway.

Then there would be no excuses for someone not getting in on it. :dude

Hank Williams Jr.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds