• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alliance Campaign

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I've been talking about the new sit for months now and i haven't even purchased the new host yet but, I was thinking the first campaign on the new site should be an all inclusive campaign, not Big Planes that only attract some of us, not micro scale that others would like. Something everyone should be able to get behind and build for to earn the Inaugural Campaign ribbon. Probably need a cooler name for it, just throwing this out for consideration and conversation.

What'chall think?

Inaugural Campaign

How about Modelers Alliance 6 months and you have to build a model of your choice following the normal Rules. I'll put in a $50 US prize awarded by popular vote.

James

Inaugural Campaign

We could look back a couple of years, see which campaign generated the most completed builds (from all the disciplines), and simply re-run it.

Just a thought.

Ian.

Inaugural Campaign

We could look back a couple of years, see which campaign generated the most completed builds (from all the disciplines), and simply re-run it.

Just a thought.

Ian.

That would be the CTA builds would it not? I'm sure we could find a worthy cause for a CTA III.

Inaugural Campaign

Personally I don't want to do another CTA at this time, I'd rather just build a model, something I haven't had time to do in a long time.

I like James' idea, just open Campaign, whatever you want to build, if James want's to sponsor it that's his call. I'd rather avoid doing a prize drawing and all that associated wtih CTA.

Modelers Alliance Campaign. :hmmm

Inaugural Campaign

Something in NMF? :hmmm

OK, this is inaugural and you want a campaign where every one who enters just builds what they want. In reality it doesn't sound like much of a campaign to me because everybody does that anyway. You could do one with a specific nationality involved and that would allow every one to build their favorite what ever in that nationalities markings or something that was manufactured by said nation. Not limiting it to any theater of war but say something that would lend a build to be either historic or modern.

Things from Italy, Japan, Russia, South America or Canada etc. Hang a Name on it like " It's a Mad, Mad, Mad world" It wouldn't take much imagination to come up with something that you can build or produce. Historical or modern, factual or sci-fi. Everything under the sun may be eligible for the campaign.

Inaugural Campaign

Personally I don't want to do another CTA at this time, I'd rather just build a model, something I haven't had time to do in a long time.

I like James' idea, just open Campaign, whatever you want to build, if James want's to sponsor it that's his call. I'd rather avoid doing a prize drawing and all that associated wtih CTA.

...it sounds very good... (y)

Luiz

Inaugural Campaign

That's cool Pup. I totally understand.

As for the name of the campaign should it not indicate the fact that it is the inaugural campaign for the new host in some way? Does the new host have a cool name you could incorporate into the title in some way?

Inaugural Campaign

Some one mentioned a possible campaign a while back about doing a kit when you were a kid only updated. So with a little tweak, how about:

Remember When. . .

Build a kit, current version new mold or the old kit, (if you have it) of a subject you built as a kid. Any subject, any era, only catch is it should be same subject and scale as a kit you built as a kid. It does not neccessarily need to be the exact same kit.

For example, the newer 1/72 Airfix Do17 in place of the ancient Monogram 1/72 Do17.

It might be helpful to have a photo of the old kit. :hmmm

Inaugural Campaign

Something in NMF? :hmmm

OK, this is inaugural and you want a campaign where every one who enters just builds what they want. In reality it doesn't sound like much of a campaign to me because everybody does that anyway.

Then there would be no excuses for someone not getting in on it. :dude

Inaugural Campaign

How about just the Big MAC?

Inaugural Campaign

Don't care what it's called but I do like the idea of build what ever you like. For the past several years I have gotten sucked into campaigns because I have a kit in the stash that fits the criteria but not necessarily a kit that I would rather build. This way I can build something that has been calling my name but has never really fit into any of the running campaigns.

Inaugural Campaign

I too like the open build.
How about the "MA Open"
See what the new site sponsor's colors are and use those in the ribbon with gold or silver MAO letters over them?
Just food for thought!

Tim

Inaugural Campaign

I'm in no matter what you call it.

I like MAC. Or even Open MAC (ribbon can be a model on a mike stand).

MAO is cool, but reminds me of a certain Chairman... :D

I've been in a slump, so I would need to grab whatever grabs my attention. I have stuff in the stash that fits most campaigns, but I I can't scare up the interest at will.

Yes, completely open is a wide subject, but the goal is to build to complete. I know there are many here to do that, but I also know a lot are like me and don't.

How about the MAAFSC (Modeller's Alliance Actually Finish Something Campaign)? :rotf

Or, borrowing from Lucas: 'A New Hope'...

Inaugural Campaign

Some one mentioned a possible campaign a while back about doing a kit when you were a kid only updated. So with a little tweak, how about:

Remember When. . .

Build a kit, current version new mold or the old kit, (if you have it) of a subject you built as a kid. Any subject, any era, only catch is it should be same subject and scale as a kit you built as a kid. It does not neccessarily need to be the exact same kit.

For example, the newer 1/72 Airfix Do17 in place of the ancient Monogram 1/72 Do17.

It might be helpful to have a photo of the old kit. :hmmm

If not this particular GB...I think this would make for another excellent campaign. :good:

I actually picked up an old Monogram A-10 at the model show this year specifically because I wanted to revisit one of my favorite builds from my youth.

Inaugural Campaign

I really like the idea of keeping the build open, the other ideas going around would make for great other campaigns though!

I'd like to get one finished soon too. Plans are to do so but life seems to get in the way sometimes! :laugh:

Inaugural Campaign

How about just the Big MAC?

:coolio

Inaugural Campaign

h4a3326f.jpg

Back