• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I can do it better now

SA Dave

Quite simpel one Build same model from when you were a kid Or one you did previously
BUT THIS TIME you do it as good as you can.

At least a year build Start when there is a space open.

That means any (and I mean any) 1/48 Monogram WWII still out there.

I'm a long way from the weekly Woolworth's kit grab, Pactra covered card table and firecracker hoarding demise of each and every kit they released. Even the Brewster Buffalo. They all blowed up good. :D

But I'd probably want to do some or the old Aurora kits (now Polar lights) like Dr Jekyll, the Hunchback or the Forgotten Prisoner. I butchered the heck out of those back in the day too. The only thing that saved those kits was the hobby shop that sold them was out of Schwinn Stringray range, so I needed a ride... :soldier

There's only one that I would want to do that to but it's OOP, I know someone who has it but I haven't been able to get them to respond to emails. That Brass Halftrack.

I like it. Do you need to have some proof of the old kit build? Could I do something like a Eduard FW190d-9 that I have started twice and wrecked halfway through and are now paint hogs?

I like it. Do you need to have some proof of the old kit build? Could I do something like a Eduard FW190d-9 that I have started twice and wrecked halfway through and are now paint hogs?
I dont think most of us have any proof other than fond memories of older build so I would say no to proof If it can be given it would be awesome though And what you propose is exactly in the spirit of what I want this campaign to be.

LOL :rotf

I actually have a Momogram Dornier17 still that I built as a kid. Only thing missing from it is a couple of the small machine guns. Propellors and landing gear are still intact. How do I know for sure it was built that long ago? The gloss black paint for the RLM70 blackgreen.

At this point I wold probably build the new Airfix Do17 in 1/72. Then could take a photo with then and now. :D

I actually have a Momogram Dornier17 still that I built as a kid. Only thing missing from it is a couple of the small machine guns. Propellors and landing gear are still intact. How do I know for sure it was built that long ago? The gloss black paint for the RLM70 blackgreen.

At this point I wold probably build the new Airfix Do17 in 1/72. Then could take a photo with then and now. :D
Somehow I bet it looked better than my 3 color plastic one looked like - post a picture mate.

Somehow I bet it looked better than my 3 color plastic one looked like - post a picture mate.

I can't. :huh:

I'm at work. :pp

Only suggestion I would make would be that you build up a current kit in the same scale as the one you did years ago.

I remember doing a 1/32 Revell Spitfire with an engine, working landing gear aand control surfaces.

Hmm I guess I should try and find the box I have with all the old instruction sheets in it.

Hey Dave, you wnated a picture of the old warbeast? Here is my Monogram Do-17 from 1968 or 1969. I might be off a year or 2 but not more than that.

Only things missing are 2 machine gun barrels and an antenna that was on the bottom fuselage. Everything else is fully intact as I built it bach then. After taking a good look, I had forgotten about not doing seams and such.

And yes the props will spin if I blow on them.

OS-001.jpg~original

OS-002.jpg~original

OS-003.jpg~original

So is that good enough for a Dave? :D

I'm in on this one. I was actually planning to redo a kit I had built around 10 years ago now so this will be the perfect opportunity to do that.

GREAT mate Much better than my efforts when I was a kid You did not even fog up th canopy. (y)

Ya know Dave, thinking back, I don't remember ever having much trouble with fogging the clear parts. I know this was built with the old Testors tube glue in the orange & white tube. Heck I didn't start using liquid solvent type glues or CA until I was in college several years later.

Back