• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

E o d build

E o d. Or I e d build

Not sure what you mean here but given that I.E.D's are specfically placed to cause indiscriminate and widespread carnage amongst military and civilians alike, personally I am vehemently against this.

Ian.

E o d. Or I e d build

I'm thinking outside of the model box . it can be a od vehicles or the result of an ied . it will allow a lot of creativity

E o d. Or I e d build

How about building a model and then throwing a cracker in it and lighting it BUT YOU HAVE TO VIDEO TAPE THE EXPLOSION! :D

E o d. Or I e d build

I can see the good and bad with this idea. First of IEDs are a weapon, cowardly, but a weapon. Now if we go with that there are Mercedes kits with 105mm shells in them that make a nice diorama idea to show the dangers of modern conflicts. There are some EOD vehicles produced with the Husky coming out soon being the newest. There is an EOD crew and robots by Meng. I have a few of these and could do up something as it fits in with a current project. On the down side it could produce some sick little dioramas but I think as a self regulating site people should understand the concept of good taste. I would go for this myself.

Now having said that some of the comments so far are out of line as they add nothing to the topic. So lets think a bit and see if there is some interest in this campaign idea. All in favor say aye.
James

E o d. Or I e d build

I'm not so big on this.

I do have some old kits that could be used/filmed when I sight in my AR-15, AR-10, or .270 hunting rifle. I could put 'The Glock" on one too, if it makes a diff.

I suspect that styrene will not hold up to 5.56x45mm, 7.62x51mm, .270 Winchester (6.9x64mm), or 9x19mm in any form

E o d. Or I e d build

EOD, not IED.

And no, we're not filming blowing up our models so end that discussion now.

I like the idea and I have a Buffalo MRAP that would fit perfectly for this type of build. There is an amazing dio in the latest edition of Abrams Squad magazine that shows what can be done with this type of idea.

I was mostly referring to eod style vehicles like the buffalo. I have seen some good reference pics of what they look like after a ied blast that would just give us the opportunity to do some scratch detail and provide a testament to the durability of the osh kosh built trucks

I was mostly referring to eod style vehicles like the buffalo. I have seen some good reference pics of what they look like after a ied blast that would just give us the opportunity to do some scratch detail and provide a testament to the durability of the osh kosh built trucks

So much clearer now :good:

Ok, whilst this outside my area of interest, (even tho' I was one of the EOD designated officers at my old Coastguard unit), I now understand your idea. Hopefully you understand that my reaction was personal to me (definitely not representative of my fellow mods), and based upon how you first proposed this campaign.

Ian.

I have these and there are lots more out there.

DSC04803.JPG

DSC05199.JPG

DSC05360.JPG

The new JERRV I'm told has some issues but it still looks good. Also a Husky is coming out.

husky.jpg

cougar6x631.jpg

James

So much clearer now :good:

Ok, whilst this outside my area of interest, (even tho' I was one of the EOD designated officers at my old Coastguard unit), I now understand your idea. Hopefully you understand that my reaction was personal to me (definitely not representative of my fellow mods), and based upon how you first proposed this campaign.

Ian.

Agreed

I think I said the same thing when you posted this before but..

DSC05199.JPG

Gives us the chance to see this..

h2d47b66_2015-10-09.jpg

Built. :rotf

Hippy. no problem bro. I should have been more clear. Believe me I have seen what IED do to people. I have also seen what good eod does as well . Next time I will try to be more clear. Build on brother . Eventually we will get you to come over to the dirt side.

Hippy. no problem bro. I should have been more clear. Believe me I have seen what IED do to people. I have also seen what good eod does as well . Next time I will try to be more clear. Build on brother . Eventually we will get you to come over to the dirt side.

Yeah, the original post threw me... Was not sure. Thanks for clarifying :good: I've seen EOD at work & hopefully I never see an IED or it's aftermath in person...
I do have a Tiger-1 Early so, maybeone day I'll play in the dirt... ;) :drinks

Back