• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Family Tree Campaign

Skinny_Mike

I had an idea for a campaign, but not sure if there would be interest. The thought is to build different versions of the same subject, for example build an F-16A, F-16B, and F-16C or a bf-109e, bf-109f, bf-109g. Works for tanks too, Panther D, Panther A, Panther G and cars 1968 Camaro, 1979 Camaro, 2014 Camaro! I'm not sure I really like the name "Family Tree" but I'm guessing if there is interest we can work something out.

I figure this would need to have some minimum number of kits that have to be built (3 is my initial idea)and the duration maybe should be a year.

What do we think?

Skinny Mike

This is a really interesting idea, Mike and I think it's got a lot going for it, but three models is quite a commitment for most folks, especially if you build in one of the larger scales. Perhaps a minimum of two would be more 'do-able'.

I'd be very happy with this, couple of NASCAR kits (doesn't matter which ones), one from the late 80's one from later-on just before the CoT era.

:hmmm

Ian.

This is a really interesting idea, Mike and I think it's got a lot going for it, but three models is quite a commitment for most folks, especially if you build in one of the larger scales. Perhaps a minimum of two would be more 'do-able'.

I'd be very happy with this, couple of NASCAR kits (doesn't matter which ones), one from the late 80's one from later-on just before the CoT era.

:hmmm

Ian.

Two would work, and maybe even two of the same thing marked differently or something. The options really are limitless.

NASCAR ??? ...... :popcorn

Quite literally anything would fit! That is the beauty of this one. Maybe we should vote, can someone throw a pole on this tread? I still seem to be having trouble doing that!

Been doing some 'thinking' about this (always dangerous I know), two years ago I build this '87 Monte Carlo from the Monogram kit, and I've still got it intact:

h564bcab.jpg

h0cf4b4d.jpg

When I started diving into the stash, I found both a '97 and '06/07 Chevy aswell. All very different 'schemes' and all very typical of their time. So together with Harry's car I'll have a twenty-year spread of Monte's. Really hope now that this campaign gets the green flag (pun intended), I'm ready.... :ro:

Ian.

How about the P47 and A-10's or the corsair and Corsair II Planes from same manufacturer that carry the same name?

Shameless bump. I was thinking of asking something like this earlier today. Kind of like the first and last of something. If it is two models,and lasts one year,I am in. I can easily think of plenty of Sherman tank variants for this. :yipee

Honestly guys, it's hard enough to get everyone who signs up on a campaign to finish one build, getting two builds will be a chore (and I include myself in that without a doubt). Post up a poll and if you get the numbers we'll give it a shot.

Very interesting ideal for a build Mike ... I could do the Mustangs ... (I Have trouble calling the '74) a Mustang, ... more like a Pinstong the iconic Horse was slowed from a full gallop to a canter ... but the Muscle cars disappeared back with our government getting involved in the auto industry ... not even sure if you can find a '74 mustang kit ... but thank fully Ford Has brought the Stang Back ... :woohoo: :ro: :dude :woohoo:

I had an idea for a campaign, but not sure if there would be interest. The thought is to build different versions of the same subject, for example build an F-16A, F-16B, and F-16C or a bf-109e, bf-109f, bf-109g. Works for tanks too, Panther D, Panther A, Panther G and cars 1968 Camaro, 1979 Camaro, 2014 Camaro! I'm not sure I really like the name "Family Tree" but I'm guessing if there is interest we can work something out.

I figure this would need to have some minimum number of kits that have to be built (3 is my initial idea)and the duration maybe should be a year.

What do we think?

Skinny Mike

It'd be a great way for me to do a number of OOB with ther Pz. IV variants i have that I plan to build soon. I have 2 Pz.IV turret tanks, 2 JagpanzerIV SPG, 2 Pz.IV based quad 20mm AA guns, and a Sturgeshutz IV.

Good luck.

Cheers from Peter

Well the way I build ... You could leave it open ended until say at lest 2 kits were done and then start to wind it down ... :hmmm

:hmmm interesting idea... A3J-1(A-5A), RA-5C early(-8 engines) and Late (-10 Engines) :hmmm might be doable...

Looks like it did Mike ... I must start to shut the shop down now ... so I'm in just not sure what I want to do ... Yet ... :hmmm :idonno :woohoo:

Back