• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Four ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ij001

#1 'NATO'
Yep simple as that, anything used/serving in any force that was/is part of NATO from 1949 (treaty signed) to today.

Any and all types in all scales are welcome figures, dioramas, ships, AFV's and of course aircraft. It's another one of those 'all-inclusive' campaigns. Personally I don't believe that there's anybody on this site who doesn't have something in their stash that would fit this Camapign... But I've been wrong before !!
:blush:

#2 'The Other Side of the Hill' - The Reconnaissance Campaign.

In every conflict throughout recorded history, seeing what you enemy (or potential enemy) was up to has been the rightful obsession of military commanders.

So build anything that takes pictures, relays information, looks from on high or down in the dirt. Observes, reports, photographs or just plane spies on the 'bad guys'. Again an 'all-inclusive' any scale, any type campaign. Paint a LRRP, build a drone, take the bombs off that Phantom and stick a recce pod under it !!
:geek

#3 'Beating the Air in to Submission' - The Helicopter Campaign.
No it isn't 'all inclusive', unless somebody has a photo of a tank with a working rotor strapped to it (even now I can see Jeff hurtling around his favourite search engine trying find just that !!).

Any scale, any helicopter, autogyro, tilt wing, any scale. C'mon build a chopper you know it makes sense
!!

#4 'Freedom Fighters & Tigers' the Northrop F-5 Campaign
We may need Boeings' approval, so don't hold your breath for this one :frantic - Yes this is a very focused Campaign and yes I have got three in my stash, but... They've been around since the early 1960's they've been used by a huge number of nations and are still being modified and updated today. The little F-5 is an oft-overlooked classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoVWac-7n0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9QHqZaCd9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_heILCdQLQ0

...and let's be honest, they look & sound great !!

So there's four ideas to kick-around, would love to get any of them off the ground (sorry 'bout the pun). Come-on folks chime-in let's see what we can do.

Ian

#3 really rings my bell :good:

120_n.jpg

photo from the ship my son is on :good:

#2 appeals to me, it might get me motivated to drag out my Trump RA-5C and have a go at it. Been wanting to for a long time as I have a direct connection to it having built up assemblies that were used on the last production run of these and I walked the assembly line every day on my way to my work station.

1-3 I could definitely do. I have a RoG Unimog kit that could be done up in a Nato scheme. I have a 1/35 AH-1W that I've been wanting to build for quite awhile, and then I've been seriously considering getting the Academy UH-58 Kiowa Warrior kit, and it would fit perfectly in that campaign.

Never built an F-5, or had one in my stash, but I would probably build one. Probably think about doing it as a "MIG" from Topgun, haha.

Well I do have a Cf-116 I have to do for a fellow at work and I have a Cf-104 for another fellow so thats 2 of the 4 suggestions. Not sure about wop wops though. I did get that conversion to make a recce Bf 109 too. :hmmm
James

2 or 4 for me - I have never really paid too much attention to the F5 family but they really are cool looking planes.

So a completely unscientific guesstimte of responses.... Not too much interest in #1 NATO Campign (surprising), #2 & #4 about equal and #3 edging ahead.

Will leave it until after the weekend - as you know I'm away at the Armistice show and wont be 'on-line' until Monday evening at the earliest. After that I'll separate these out and add a poll. In the meantime, please keep the thoughts coming...

AFN

Ian

So my completely unscientific reading of the replies indicates that #2 & #3 are (just) the most popular. I'll set-them-up in their threads with polls this evening. Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen, I'll close this thread down now as it's served its' purpose.

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back