• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Many Faces of War

RichB

Time for everyone to hone their figure modelling skills. Challenge your painting and sculpting skills.

A campaign in which the human element must be the star. Any era, military or civilian, young or old, single figure, vignette or diorama. Build them straight from the box. Mix, match or modify to your hearts content. Or even sculpt your own figure.

Whatever the subject you choose, remember, the human element must be at the forefront. Any vehicles, structures or scenery are there only in a supporting role.

Refugees
Palestinian_refugees.jpg

Prisoners of War
Russian-POWs-at-Wolfsburg.jpg

Aid Station
ShumwayAidStation.jpg

Memories of Better Times
snowball.jpg

For your consideration.

Cheers,
Rich

Certainly a challenge, I think we can lower our number threshold to 5 to get this approve, don't y'all think?

May I ask if we cant maybe prevail on Bob Letterman to do an How-to paint 1/35 figures section like he did with the OD one I learned such a lot from him on there.

I'd be in for this, I have enjoyed doing the odd figure here and there over the years. Just to clarify something - I take it I could just do something like an AA gun and it's crew or do I have to do a morbid subject like the ones you have pictured - you bunch of sickos! :yipee

I'd be in for this, I have enjoyed doing the odd figure here and there over the years. Just to clarify something - I take it I could just do something like an AA gun and it's crew or do I have to do a morbid subject like the ones you have pictured - you bunch of sickos! :yipee
:facepalm

Every entry must include a morbid snowball fight. :D

On a more serious note. If we use IPMS rules as a start, a Figure Vignette is "2 to 5 figures with no more than one piece of equipment that form a complete design and story." A Figure Diorama contains "6 or more figures which form a complete design and story." If doing a full diorama, I would lean toward limiting it to one piece of equipment as well so that the figures are the centre of attention not the equipment.

So, yes, I would think that an AA gun and crew would pass muster if the setting conveyed a story.

Thoughts or comments?

Cheers,
Rich

If we want to use a piece of equipment Can it be something we have build previously or would you want us to construct something especialy just for this build?

If we want to use a piece of equipment Can it be something we have build previously or would you want us to construct something especialy just for this build?

Another point to ponder.

The easy answer is everything must be new build, as most campaigns are. That, on one hand, may discourage some potential participants. On the other hand, it may encourage the more creative use of figures. Perhaps the use of a shelf queen waiting for a flash of inspiration can be allowed.

I would like to encourage all new build, but would like to hear from the group and our esteemed leaders on this.

Cheers,
Rich

Another point to ponder.

The easy answer is everything must be new build, as most campaigns are. \

If I read this right, the focus of the build is the figures and a vehicle to be a completed build so yeah, you'd have to build something specifically for the campaign. jmho... :mpup

Why don't we just stick to figures and leave the other stuff out. Otherwise somebody will drag up some old Me109 and put a pilot figure in it and it will be be more about the machine than the figure in it.

Terry B)

Quick question. Will this be open to all kinds of figures. Like would scifi and fantasy type stuff be ok? :geek

Why don't we just stick to figures and leave the other stuff out. Otherwise somebody will drag up some old Me109 and put a pilot figure in it and it will be be more about the machine than the figure in it.

Terry B)

Works for me, :coolio

Terry B)

Works for me, :coolio

That works for me too. Or, any vehicle could be limited to a wedge, like this picture from ML. Just enough to set the scene like a tree, wall or corner of a building.

tigervignetterb_3.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

You know I do have one large scale figure I get out and put back. I also have a gun crew I do the same thing with. :hmmm

I'll give something a shot

:drinks

Back